weight restrictions

larinconada123

We are booked on an A&K land tour of Egypt and Jordan before taking the Oceania cruise tour from Istanbul to Barcelona. We are told we are limited to 44lbs per person, including carry-on, by A&K. Seems a bit low, does anyone know if this is strictly enforced on such tours?

Thanks for any info.

Larinconada

HI We are doing the same tour with GCT. They also limit our baggage to 1 per person and 44 lbs. We are flying over Egypt air and they are strict. This is more of a GCT rule than an Egypt air rule and I have heard that they do enforce it. I have a feeling I will be have laundry done at both the hotel in Cairo and on the river boat.

Cheryl

We just got back from an A&K Egypt and Jordan trip and did not have any problems with our bags, we did not find them too fussy as they all went with a group, I can't say what it will be like when you go but we had too main bags and each was close to 50pounds and we were never called on it. I hope you have a great time, we had an awesome time, the A&K people in Egypt were superb, if you end up with Moufid as your guide tell him hi from John and Lisette.

Take care

Actually 44 pounds is not bad, only six fewer than most airlines allow, 50 pounds.

I am traveling with OAT (sister company to GCT) on safari to south African countries and we are allowed 26 pounds for both carryon and checked luggage. This is because we travel between game parks in small planes. I have heard that they enforce it rigidly. It will be really hard, because my camera equipment weighs nearly that. No makeup, that's for sure, and lots of hand laundry.

Hi Lisette,

So glad to hear from someone who took the A&K tour that we're going on. I hope you don't mind if I ask a couple of (probably dumb) questions? I know that alot of time, even with A&K, stops are made at shops and cultural centers where pressure can be felt to purchase goods. Did you stop anywhere on this tour? For instance, the Papyrus Institute? Next question, how early did you have to wake up for the flight from Cairo to Luxor? And finally, does the tour bus have a restroom onboard, or should I plan on packing my own t.p.?:eek:

Thanks so much,

Laurie

If you would like to e-mail me privatly with lots of questions please feel free my email is Lisette@geczy.net. Now for your questions, we were on the Pharaoh and Pyramid tours. The coach we were on did have a washroom but a number of people tried it but found it very awkward. I cannot stress enough to take your own toliet paper it came in very handy as every washroom had someone giving toliet paper for a 1 pound egyptian, I still paid the pound but you will definitely need more toliet paper than what they give you. I was tempted to stand at the door with my toliet paper and sell it, I could have made a killing LOL. I found that we had plenty washroom stops just take toliet paper and take handsanitizer and you will be find. As far as stops on our trip we actually never made it to a paparyus factory but did go to a carpet one and a moasic one and a mulity gift store, there was no pressure selling. I found everywhere if you gave a stern no they wouldn't bother you the Egyptian people are very nice. Feel free to send me any other questions!!

Warmest Wishes and have a great time.

Lisette

Archived