Anyone done yoga classes on Carnival ships?

Luluwa

• 3 weeks later...

Well I did yoga on the Ecstasy last week. On this particular sailing I believe the yoga instructor may have been getting her own work out or just showing us what she knew. The room had 12 first-time yoga people and 1 experienced and she put us through very difficult moves. I will be on the Conquest in January and try it there. Still it was worth the $10

I might try a class next week (or not:p.) I like a pretty challenging class and my fear would be that it would all be beginner level. A good instructor can teach both at the same time by progressing through each pose and starting with modifications.

I'd imagine some of the balance poses could be really intersting on a moving ship!

I'm relatively new to yoga but like it, has anyone done the $10, 7:00am yoga classes onboard Carnival ships? Give me the info if so please. :o

I have participated in several yoga classes on Carnival ships over the past few years. I would say that the quality really depends on the instructor. One class was a bit too elementary for me, and the others were okay. I am going to be bringing along my own yoga mat this time, so I can practice by myself.

I will certainly try a class when I'm on the MIRACLE in 15 more days !!!! I'll let you know about it when I post my cruise review !

• 5 years later...

I'm really excited that they offer yoga. I'll be on the Conquest on October 20.

My only concern is it not being challenging enough. I'm a solid level 2 and sometimes go to level 3 classes.

Will they be challenging enough for me?

I do several yoga clases a week here at home, but have never done so on a cruise. Typically classes are 75 min long. How long are the classes for which there is a fee, not the free teaser? $10 doesn't sound too pricey for a typical 75 min class, if that is the case. Thanks and nameste.

I did one when we had a spa room and 2 free classes were included.

I'm not a yoga fan at all and have taken about 5 classes in my life.

This class was fine, I only went because it was free, wouldn't do it again(however I feel that way about yoga in general)

Archived