Sapphire Princess - Jan 6, 2008

trvlgrlmn

I know I read on this website somewhere about one of the ports which has a train ride which is a "not to be missed" and the cruise line buys all the spots on the train. Can anyone tell me which port this is and the name of the excursion? We are starting to pick our shore excursions as the cruise is right around the corner. Any suggestions of what we should see would be very helpful. Thanks you!!!

Sheila

the port stop is dunedin. I havent done this trip but have read many reports of how great it is. It is also true you cannot do this tour on your own as princess books the whole train. Even the station itself is wonderful. There is a NZ sports museum upstairs also.

It does mean you miss out on a lot of other fanatic sights at this stop, you may need to come a second time to enjoy them all.

Hi:

We did this tour March of this year while sailing on the Sapphire Princess, the NZ to Australia route. It was a very fun and relaxing tour, with a lot of great scenery. I highly recommend it and it was thru the ship. We didn't do any tours on our own. I would take this cruise every year if it wasn't so far away............:rolleyes:

Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10 (Anita)

Archived