Pre-booking shore excursions

Kinkacruiser

Asuuming one chooses not to take advantage of the ship's shore excursions, is it advisable to pre-book tours, even the half-day ones, that usually leave from the tourist info centres or I-sites? I'd appreciate your opinions, especially when you consider the number of fellow passengers that will wish to partake in the Port's delights. It could be a bit congested to say the least. Can anyone reflect on the scene at the I-sites in the cities/ports of call on shore days?

Look forward to hearing form you.

Cheers,

Kinkacruiser

As a few people have mentioned in your other port thread that Wellington will be sweet. Walk it yourself and dont worry about any tours.

You can tell when there is a cruise ship in town. The drive on the motorway takes 2 hours longer because everyone is perving at the cruise ship in the harbor and you tell the tourists from the cameras and the little Wellington Maps they all have(local slang "Click Clacks" because they all have cameras)

you will enjoy and I promise it wont be windy

:)

Thanks Mipps, Wellington must be your home . Inside the Te Papa will definitely not be windy and I know we can amuse ourselves alone for at least half a day there. The other ports are a ?? still. What is the atmosphere like inside the I-Sites..congested and therefore one should lean to prebooked tours?

Hope your upcoming cruise will be a blast. Keep well,

Kinka

I was being cheeky about the wind .... we have had gale force winds with 80 MPH gusts for the last 2 days in Wellington (we lost a tree ... but I don't have to hunt for firewood next year)

Kinka .... now that we have suckered you into coming to NZ ..... should we mention whats been happening the last few weeks?

Mt Ruapehu erupted (our largest volcano)

http://www.geonet.org.nz/news/article-sep-28-2007-mt-ruapehu-second-sampling-trip.html

Young River landslide and dam failure

http://www.geonet.org.nz/news/article-oct-2-2007-young-river-update.html

Magnitude 7.3 and and 6.8 earthquakes

http://www.geonet.org.nz/news/article-sep-30-2007-no-tsunami-threat-to-new-zealand.html

....... we dont want to get you worried though :p

:)

Asuuming one chooses not to take advantage of the ship's shore excursions, is it advisable to pre-book tours, even the half-day ones, that usually leave from the tourist info centres or I-sites? I'd appreciate your opinions, especially when you consider the number of fellow passengers that will wish to partake in the Port's delights. It could be a bit congested to say the least. Can anyone reflect on the scene at the I-sites in the cities/ports of call on shore days?

Look forward to hearing form you.

Cheers,

Kinkacruiser

Never having cruised to countries with an excellent assortment of activites/excursions for travellers, could someone help me with the above query please?

Archived