Best time of year to cruise China, Japan?

CAforever

A huge typhoon just hit China making me wonder about cruising in the fall. Is springtime better? :confused:

I have been in China in October, November, January, February, April and July. Every time period was OK EXCEPT July. ABSOLUTELY horrible.

And I have been in Japan in October, November and December. I have always wanted to go in the Spring to see the cherry blossoms, but have never had a business trip during that time.

Typhoons are just like hurricanes-some years, they are bad and some years-you would hardly notice it is typhoon season.

Like anything else, there are risks involved. But you should be fine in the fall. Most cruises are in the fall.

I will concur with Greatam - we went in July and August - Hell has nothing on China in July!

I would think that spring would be just about right, but it also depends upon when the cruises are offered. Try April - that should be warm and not too humid.

We encountered a typhoon during our cruise and the captain just waited it out in Hong Kong. All we ever saw of storm were some fabulous sunsets.

Charlie

Archived