5 in a room

amberbuddy

Are there any rooms that can accomodate 5 (2 adults and 3 kids ages, 5,6 and 15) on either Carnival or RCCI? We just got back from the Liberty and didnt have the time to go down to talk about booking a future cruise with our kids. Thanks for your help

I know Carnival Elation and Carnival Victory both have cabins (in addition to Suites) that can accomodate 5. It is tight, but doable. On the Elation our friends would have had an OV with 2 pulldowns and a rollaway. I will add that the cabins on the Victory were more spacious than the Elation.

I'm sure there are others.

:)

Carnival has a few ships that allow 5 in a room ... We had five in our ocean view cabin on Carnival Ecstasy last December.

Having three kids, we spent bunches of time in our room, but I never felt crowded. We camp a lot, though, and ship cabins are certainly wider than motorhomes.

There were 4 bunks and a comfy rollaway. The rollaway was placed along the wall in front of the window. It was never in the way, and it did not interfere with our ocean view.

I really didn't think the room was any more inconvenient or uncomfortable than our 4-person balcony from our first cruise, although the balcony is always bigger and much prettier.

Ecstasy is a wonderful little ship, too. She has a great reputation for a smaller, older ship.

I have attached a picture.

IMGA6358small.JPG.9d78d75aca582f8d9687fea682c47167.JPG

Carnival's Fantasy-class and Destiny-class allow five in a cabin; Spirit-class and Conquest-class (including Liberty) do not. We had 5 in a balcony cabin on Victory twice - DH and I in the beds, one son on the sleeper sofa, one in the pull-down bunk, and one on a rollaway. Having the balcony helped a lot space-wise.

Royal Caribbean has several different types of staterooms that will accommodate 5 (or more people). They can't be booked over the internet though, so you have to call RCCL directly or a travel agent. Per RCCL's website: "All of our Family Staterooms can accommodate up to six people, with two twin beds, sofa and/or Pullman beds. Other amenities include a minibar and sitting area."

The Radiance class, Voyager class, and Freedom class, Enchantment fo the Seas, Vision of the Seas, and Rhapsody of the Seas have Family Oceanview staterooms that will accommodate up to 6 people.

The Freedom class also has Family Inside staterooms and Family Promenade staterooms that will accommodate up to 6 people. Enchantment of the Seas also has a Family Inside Stateroom.

RCCL also will allow you to book 5 people into Grand Suites and Owner's Suites. (Again you have to call to do this).

They also have Royal Family Suites that will accommodate up to 8 people (minimum of 5 people) and the Freedom class has the Presidential Family Suite which will accommodate up to 14 people (8 people minimum).

We looked into the RCCL family cabins and it was much cheaper to do the balcony with connecting inside aft on deck nine. It was also cheaper to do connecting E1's with balconies on RCCL than to get a room for five when we checked with the Mariner. Those sleep three comfortably in each cabin.

You can forget about getting the presidential family suite as they are booked until 2009 on the ships that have them. We are going to try to get this when Genesis opens bookings for CA for a family reunion but it is still expensive.

Balconies and suites will always cost you more money. It depends what kind of vacation you want.

Our TOTAL cost for all five days in a 5-person oceanview on Ecstasy was $1300 before taxes. It was about $50/day each. You can't beat that.

You can spend multiples of thousands on your room, but I doubt you will have any more fun on your cruise than we did.

How much $ are we talking for one of these family cabins compared to a regular cabin? Do they sell out quickly?

It depends on the ship and the time of year. It's usually best to price out all options. A lot of people find it much less expensive to book two connecting inside staterooms than one of the family staterooms (plus you get two bathrooms that way). Occasionally though a family stateroom will still be open last minute and you can get a good deal on it compared to getting two staterooms.

I don't know about Carnival, but I know that RCCL has plenty of connecting insides. At popular times of the year for families (spring break and summer), they can book up fast though. If you have a little extra, you might even look at connecting Promenade staterooms on RCCL's Voyager and Freedom class. These are inside staterooms, but they have windows looking out onto the Royal Promenade which is a large area that cuts through the center of the ship.

We have had a Royal Family Suite on RCI, and this was a great cabin...2 separate bedrooms and bathrooms, and a nice living area, as well as a huge aft balcony. Plus other suite perks, including priority boarding and tendering and concierge lounge for the adults. This is not a low cost option, but was very comfortable cabin for our family of 5.

If $$$ is a concern...always for me (why spend it on the cabin, when I can spend it in port?), check out the balcony with IS cabin connecting duo on CCL. We did the Spirit and then the Miracle. Deck 5 was our favorite on Spirit as Camp Carnival is right there. 5108 bal/5106 IS. deck 6 & 7 have the same set ups. Adults in the bal connecting door to kids. We actually had a roll away cot brought in at night. I was told it could not be done, but I asked nicely and they did it. IS connecting are probably going to be the best $$$ bargain. Check when sales are going on and when 3/4 pass are reduced.

Archived