FLL-running route

db777

Does anyone know of a hotel in Ft Lauderdale that has a nice running area around it. My husband runs about 6-8 miles a day and would like to get one more land run (vs treadmill) before we cruise... thanks. DB

well...almost anyplace along 17th street or the beach area....people run along the beach (on the sidewalk) all the time....

along 17th would be the Renaissance, Embassy Suites, AmeriSuites (soon to be Hyatt Place). Extended stay America, HI Express and the Hyatt (on the beach side of the bridge)....along the beach area would be the Sheraton Yankee Clipper and Trader, Harbor Beach Marriott, Marriott Beach Place Towers (a timeshare, but you can get them by the night) and a few others....(a new Courtyard will be opening on/about nov 1)

bequia probably knows better, but at least you have something to think about for a bit

Does anyone know of a hotel in Ft Lauderdale that has a nice running area around it. My husband runs about 6-8 miles a day and would like to get one more land run (vs treadmill) before we cruise... thanks. DB

Your husband would love the run from the Hyatt Pier 66 along Atlantic Boulevard to Sunrise Boulevard. It's exactly 3 miles one way, running past million dollar homes and the Atlantic Ocean. A safe run, he won't get hit by any cars.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=10471878093718131213,26.100958,-80.115180&time=&date=&ttype=&saddr=2301+SE+17th+St,+Fort+Lauderdale,+FL+33316+(Hyatt+Regency+Pier+66+Resort+%26+Spa)&daddr=sunrise+%26+n+atlantic+blvd,+ft+lauderdale&sll=26.135752,-80.106168&sspn=0.027509,0.039911&ie=UTF8&ll=26.119762,-80.10767&spn=0.055025,0.079823&t=h&z=14&om=1

/////////////////

From the Embassy suites, east on 17th street to the beach, north to the end of the parking lot that begins at the Yankee Clipper and return is 4 miles. The 17th street bridge is what we flatlanders call hill training.

From the Embassy suites, east on 17th street to the beach, north to the end of the parking lot that begins at the Yankee Clipper and return is 4 miles. The 17th street bridge is what we flatlanders call hill training.

ha...i WALKED from the Renaissance to the Marriott Harbor Beach (i was bored and the sun trolley wasn't going that day...)....that bridge is more uphill than it looks....for those of us who generally don't do bridges except in cars!! lol (and it was a million degrees....the nice doorman at the marriott got me a super cold bottle of water!)

Archived