Back to Back cruises - Procedures?

shifty

We are booked on the Rhapsody for back to back cruises out of Singapore, with a cabin change for the second cruise. We are curious about RCCL's procedures regarding disembarking/re-embarking, etc.

For example, at the end of the first cruise: 1. Do we need to get off the ship? 2. Must we get in line to re-embark for the 2nd cruise? 3. Since we must change cabins, does the staff (cabin stewards, et al) help in transferring clothing, luggage, etc, to avoid the need to completely repack? Do we need to put out our luggage the last night of the 1st cruise?

Any information, as well as helpful hints, is appreciated.

Mike S

I've done 4 B2B cruises, most recently on Radiance earlier this month. Each time I've had different cabins. Exactly how things get handled depends on the ship and your departure port, but in general:

> You get a different Sea Pass for each cruise.

> Let your cabin steward know you are doing B2Bs.

> Toward the end of your first cruise, consider seeking out the cabin steward for your 2nd cruise and let him know you are coming.

> Also check with Guest Relations on what their B2B protocol is. Sometime you will get a good answer, othertimes you will get a blank stare.

> You will pack up on the last night of the first cruise, but you do not put anything outside your door.

> On this night, you should also receive a letter from Guest Relations explaining the B2B process, along with your new Sea Passes.

> The next morning, move your items to your new stateroom. If the new cabin steward knows your coming, it may already be cleaned. If not, just place your items in the closet and go roam the ship or go ashore.

> RCI may tell you that your cabin steward will move your items; this may be true, I've just never asked them to do it.

> If you go ashore, you will need your new Sea Passes to reboard. You will not need your 2nd Set Sail sheet. It's also good to have your passport.

> Invariably, your new Sea Pass will not be linked to your credit card. Stop by Guest Relations and have them hook things up to avoid any issues.

Hope that helps.

My b2b on the Monarch was a bit different than described above, but only with regard to the "getting off the ship" part.

The other information was exactly what we experienced. In our situation I had the same cabin, so I didn't pack anything.

But I had to get off the ship and go through customs/immigration. Then my DH and I checked into our cabin again, and this is where we got our new seapass cards. Then we reboarded the ship and went for a drink at the pool bar before anyone else boarded.

So yes, your b2b experience may vary, but you'll still have a great time! ;)

Archived