1st Hump Cabin #9610

Thanks Sue for the reply. How was the balcony? Was it obstructed in any way.

Absolutely not, no obstructions except for the fact you can't see the full length of the ship right along the ship. No big deal though! I hope it makes sense.

Mite I ask why??

Some of the end ones particularly on the Radiance class have larger than normal to huge balconies. On the Voyager class there is not much difference in the size of the balcony, just a bit larger. The convenience is the biggest draw and the center ones give you a complete fore and aft view.

forgive me ignorance, but what is a hump cabin?

The hump is the area on many of the RCCL ships that bumps or humps out in the middle. If you look on RCCL.com and choose one of the Radiance class ships look at deck 8 and you will see what I mean.

I have had two hump cabins, 1 first (forward) the other last (aft) loved both of them.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Never heard of these either. We have #9580 on Brilliance. Frankly, it looks like it might be on one of these "humps".....and looks like it might be a balcony that's exposed to view to the rest of the balconys to the left?

Quite confusing.

We stayed in this exact cabin! The location was perfect. The elevator and stairs were right aroun the corner. You could see to the front of the ship. The room was about 1 1/2 feet longer on one side. It was nice to put something behind the drapes and out of the way. The same side of the balcony was a little deeper by a foot or so.

Enjoy!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Never heard of these either. We have #9580 on Brilliance. Frankly, it looks like it might be on one of these "humps".....and looks like it might be a balcony that's exposed to view to the rest of the balconys to the left?

Quite confusing.

Yes you do have a hump and almost center at that. Since though you stick out further, no one on your left will be able to see you except maybe if you both at the railing, though some my catch a glimpse of you again if you are at the railing. They are great cabins.

I booked the Explorer in August for a March cruise and when i booked the cabin i had no idea about hump cabins. I booked 8324 which is a hump cabin. Boy did i learn that they are cabins that alot of cruisers would like. Cant wait for March to get here.

Michele

I booked the Explorer in August for a March cruise and when i booked the cabin i had no idea about hump cabins. I booked 8324 which is a hump cabin. Boy did i learn that they are cabins that alot of cruisers would like. Cant wait for March to get here.

Michele

I had 8328 on the Explorer and it was great.

We stayed in this exact cabin! The location was perfect. The elevator and stairs were right aroun the corner. You could see to the front of the ship. The room was about 1 1/2 feet longer on one side. It was nice to put something behind the drapes and out of the way. The same side of the balcony was a little deeper by a foot or so.

Enjoy!

Do you mean cabin 9580 on Brilliance or 9610 on Mariner?

We had 9610 on Mariner, the location is good, but there is nothing particularly special about it. Sorry. The balcony divider aft has a door in the middle of it. I kept looking at the cabin forward and wondering why the balcony was so much larger, and then realized it was a Junior Suite. :D It's just a regular D cabin (non-connecting) in a convenient location. There's not much to be said (balcony-wise) for hump cabins on the Voyager class. :)

How is cabin #9610 on the Mariner. Its the first hump cabin (d2) forward.

Is this a good location or should I think about changing.

Thanks for any help.

We were in cabin #9310 on the Mariner 2 years ago (and in 9610 on the Voyager last year!) and we loved it! You can see forward to the bridge- so you always know where you're going! ( And we could wave at our kids who were down on deck six forward!)

The Mariner is a great ship (it was our first Voyager class sailing) and you'll love it!!

We were in cabin #9310 on the Mariner 2 years ago (and in 9610 on the Voyager last year!) and we loved it! You can see forward to the bridge- so you always know where you're going! ( And we could wave at our kids who were down on deck six forward!)

The Mariner is a great ship (it was our first Voyager class sailing) and you'll love it!!

Did you find the balcony any bigger than others?

Did you find the balcony any bigger than others?

Not noticeably larger, no. The one thing I did notice was the extra area behind the curtains in the cabin. (We stored the seating area table there, so we had easy access to use it on the balcony for room service breakfasts!!)

Our last cruise on the Mariner, we were in # 9586 (not a hump cabin), and I didn't really notice a size difference with the balcony. The best part about the hump cabins (IMHO) is the closeness to stairs and elevators- and the all important Concierge Lounge on deck 9!!!

Wherever you end up, I know you'll enjoy the ship. It was our first "repeat", and we look forward to doing it again someday!!!

Archived