Acapulco Jet boats

SkiRacer

Has anyone been on the jet boats lately? I have read it is only good when they are not having a drought. We have seen the divers and fort etc. is there anything to see south of the ship? We will be in Acapulco next Thursday Oct.18th. Thanks for any help.

Since we're at the end of the really wet season along the Pacific Coast, I don't think there will be a water level "issue" along the Rio Papagayo - the river down which the jet boats go. But you're right - when water levels are law the operation of the boats is reduced.

S, SE of Acapulco, and what there is to do? Mostly beach activities. The further-out beaches of Barra Vieja, Playa Bonfil and even Puerto Marques might provide an enjoyable day for you. The firsts two beaches offer some horseback riding, ATV's along the beaches and some surfing. But most people seem to just walk about, sit in the shade sipping cold ones, eating some fantastic fish dinners/lunches, etc. Puerto Marques is part of Acapulco but with the special feel of a more isolated beach community, on its own small bay. You'll find lots of small restaurants there, and jet ski's, banana boats, etc. There's a guy at Puerto Marques walking around with a python around his body, letting you take photos for s small fee.

The Palma Sola Archaeological Zone, situated on the mountainside above Acapulco offers the experiece to view some Yopi rock carvings that are unique to that part of Mexico. The Yopi's are the "indian" tribe which inhabited the area more than a thousand years ago. The site can be strenuous for people out of shape, because some climbing of steps is involved - but I really like the place.

And, there's a botanical garden near the Las Brisas resort, and near the naval base at the SE section of Acapulco, which should be nice and green when you visit.

I've uploaded to online albums lots of photos of Acapulco, including many of the places I've mentioned here in this response. You can view those photos, and get an idea of what you might see/do by following the link in my "signature line" below.

Maybe I saw something different than what you are talking about regarding jet boats. What I saw, was a really fast boat in a small dirty river, getting folks wet with really gross looking water. They didn't go anywhere, except on a small stretch of river that you could watch from the road. What am I missing? The log ride at my local Boardwalk looked more fun/exciting than that. Please clue me in on this.

Archived