Excess luggage

Madkitty

does anyone know how much the flight carriers charge for excess luggage?

Lots and lots and lots and lots.:D

In other words I have no idea:confused::confused:

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

Hi I have another question!!

Last year we had our first family cruise from Dover, so we purchased 2 large super-duper cases to use between our family of 4.

Now we are flying out to Barbados on 21st December for the Oceana, the problem is - no one case can weigh more than 40kgs, I know we are allowed 25kg per person, but that would obviously take each case over the 40kg limit (I'm imagining that is to protect the handling staff). Do people generally stick to this - if thats the case I need to now buy another 4 slightly smaller ones!

Thanks to anyone who can help in advance, Fiona

You just have to become an efficient packer. And be prepared to spend time in the ships laundry or pay for them to do your laundry. Cheaper than excess baggage!

We have to travel from Shetland to mainland Scotland on a flight that only allows 15kg!!!! Nightmare! It's OK if we have an onward flight with British Airways -we get the 23kg allowance but if we go with any other (cheaper) airline to London or Southampton then we're a bit stuck!

I like to take a lot of different footwear on my cruise - (much to my husband's annoyance)and this tends to weigh heavy.

When we went on the charter flight from Gatwick to Barbados they were really fussy about the 5kg hand baggage rule - 1 item each only. They took our little case off us as it was 7kg and checked it in. They didn't charge us though.

Hi I have another question!!

Last year we had our first family cruise from Dover, so we purchased 2 large super-duper cases to use between our family of 4.

Now we are flying out to Barbados on 21st December for the Oceana, the problem is - no one case can weigh more than 40kgs, I know we are allowed 25kg per person, but that would obviously take each case over the 40kg limit (I'm imagining that is to protect the handling staff). Do people generally stick to this - if thats the case I need to now buy another 4 slightly smaller ones!

Thanks to anyone who can help in advance, Fiona

Hi Fiona,

I think P&O say 30kgs. That is the limit for the upgrade on the plane out to the Caribbean.

So it is 4 new suitcases for you then.

:):)Happy Cruising Pet:):)

:cool:

Dai

Archived