Neptune lounge

jamscckmc

Nurseblissful: My condolences on your family's loss. Good for you for taking your FIL with you. I hope he finds the cruise to be a healing experience.

The Neptune Lounge is only for snacks, not for real sit-down meals. Your FIL can sit with you for meals wherever you choose to dine (dining room, Lido, Pinnacle Grill, or in your suite for room service), except for the Pinnacle Grill breakfasts which are for suite pax only. Just be sure your TA links your booking number with his and requests that you be assigned to dine together.

However, you really should not plan to bring him into the Neptune Lounge. There was a thread a few months ago about suite pax bringing family members who were not in suites into the Neptune Lounge, and the consensus was that it was NOT ok. Ditto for other suite perks such as priority boarding, disembarking, and tenders.

However, through the Neptune concierges, you can order hors d'oeuvres for your suite for more than just two people (I forget the limit, but it's higher than 3), and share those with your FIL. Also, if you pop into the Neptune and pick up a few snacks or some coffee to take with you, no one will know if you share them with your FIL. ;) Of course it would not be fair to abuse this privilege, but within reason I think that would be fine.

Nurseblissful: . Ditto for other suite perks such as priority boarding, disembarking, and tenders.

Howevquote]

Just a note that Celebrity allows children (under age 21) that are in a non-suite and non conceriage class cabin to priority board, disembark and priority tender with their parents who are in Suite and CC class accommodations. It seems it is common for parents to put teenagers in their own cabins. They make a distinction between minor children and adult children. This is just an fyi on what a competing line does (for informational purposes).

nurseblissful

Should you order appetizers for the suite, you will find that they send plenty - no need to order extra. We have done it a couple of times - way too much for the 2 of us.

For breakfast since your FIL can't join you in the Pinnacle, you all might consider eating together in the dining room where it will be a lot less congested and much quieter.

Thanks for all the info! I am really looking forward to this.

I half-considered getting 1st-class airplane tickets a year ago for a 7-hour flight to Europe. The cost difference would have been nearly as much for a 7-hour flight as the cost difference is here for a 7-DAY cruise! But on the cruise it sounds SO MUCH more worthwhile.

Well, I found a good deal on the 1st class tickets, but it would still have been over $8,000 for the three of us, as compared to $3600 in regular coach. I didn't really want to pay $625/hr just for a few extra inches of legroom and a nicer meal. (Okay, make that $315/hr since it was roundtrip).

For the cruise, the cost difference is comparable -- almost exactly the same, really. And when the unit of time is the day rather than the hour, it becomes less like a ridiculous luxury and more like a non-ridiculous luxury.

we would not expect my fil to eat in the pinnacle grill, only to lounge for a few minutes. and he is quite reticent, so i would not expose him to any criticism/embarrassment. any defense i offered for his presence would indeed embarrass him. appreciate all your input. thanks again, lauri

I think you mean Neptune Lounge??

The concierges are amazing at checking the embarkation photos and before we even enter Neptune Lounge, they know our names, faces and cabin numbers. They always greet us by name the first time we enter.

On embarkation day they check the embarkation photos and know what everyone looks like before we ever enter the lounge.

On "S" class ships, it's quite wonderful. On Vista with so many more people, it is quite remarkable.

Another thing you may not realize is that you may get the Neptune concierge(s) in trouble by bringing your FIL in. She may not say anything to you, but if a superior sees a non-suite passenger in the Neptune, the concierge may be reported. This happened to us once, WE were the interlopers in the Neptune. We actually just stopped to say "hi" to the concierge we knew from a previous cruise and only stayed a minute, but during that short time we were spotted by an officer and the concierge was reprimanded. It was the last thing in the world we wanted, to get her in trouble! But it was the concierge's last cruise before "retiring" from HAL, so it wasn't much of a reprimand. But that's something you might keep in mind, the concierge may feel bad for your FIL and let him come in with you, but you may be causing her trouble with her superiors.

Mary

Another thing you may not realize is that you may get the Neptune concierge(s) in trouble by bringing your FIL in. She may not say anything to you, but if a superior sees a non-suite passenger in the Neptune, the concierge may be reported. This happened to us once, WE were the interlopers in the Neptune. We actually just stopped to say "hi" to the concierge we knew from a previous cruise and only stayed a minute, but during that short time we were spotted by an officer and the concierge was reprimanded. It was the last thing in the world we wanted, to get her in trouble! But it was the concierge's last cruise before "retiring" from HAL, so it wasn't much of a reprimand. But that's something you might keep in mind, the concierge may feel bad for your FIL and let him come in with you, but you may be causing her trouble with her superiors.

Mary

You are so right!!

Do you want a hole punched in the key so you can hang it on a lanyard? Ask the concierge.

THIS is an example of why the CC boards are so useful. It would NEVER have occurred to me to ask for something like that. If the hole was already there I might have thought to ask for a lanyard, but to ask for someone to punch a hole in a keycard? Who'd think it was even possible?

Thanks!!

Lauri:

We know you are just asking to get information, and that you wouldn't purposefully do anything wrong or get anybody in trouble - that's what these Boards are all about, to get information you may not be able to get otherwise. I can't tell you how much they have helped us.

Mary

we have no intention of getting anyone in trouble. or behaving in a way that will upset anyone. i am feeling out boundaries with no intent for offense...thanks for all input. lauri

No worries, Lauri. :) You have made it clear from the start that you are asking what the rules are precisely because you do not want to break them. I certainly understood that, and hope everyone else did. I hope none of the responses to your question made you feel bad for asking it. If they did, the fault is in the responses, not in you for asking the question.

Once again, enjoy your cruise, and I hope it helps your FIL to recover from his loss. Best wishes.

Mary

Shame on the Officious Officer for reprimanding the concierge in greeting a repeat guest, regardless of your class of travel on that particular voyage.

A sticky does sound like a good idea - except that we have so many now, maybe it would be even better to compile an overall FAQ? But that would be a HUGE amount of work.

Anyway, if anyone does compile a sticky on the Neptune Lounge, here's a couple of questions I don't remember seeing the answers to, although the subject probably has been covered: Does the famous coffee machine give you a choice of making your beverage using decaf coffee? What about lowfat or nonfat milk in the cappucinos? Thanks!

...........here's a couple of questions I don't remember seeing the answers to, although the subject probably has been covered: Does the famous coffee machine give you a choice of making your beverage using decaf coffee? What about lowfat or nonfat milk in the cappucinos? Thanks!

Yes, there is a decaf option, but for the life of me I don't remember a lowfat or nonfat milk option.:confused: You know, I think it's time for another HAL cruise; I'm just plain forgetting too much from my previous cruises. I badly need a refresher course.:) If I compile a Neptune Lounge sticky, will someone pay for my cruise in a Deluxe Verandah Suite to help with the research?:D

Karin

Yes, there is a decaf option...

Thanks for the info, Karin! :) That's great news, as I can't drink the real stuff after about 3pm if I expect to get any sleep that night :rolleyes: - even in a bed as comfy as HAL's are reputed to be!

... for the life of me I don't remember a lowfat or nonfat milk option.:confused: You know, I think it's time for another HAL cruise; I'm just plain forgetting too much from my previous cruises. I badly need a refresher course.:) If I compile a Neptune Lounge sticky, will someone pay for my cruise in a Deluxe Verandah Suite to help with the research?:D Karin

LOL! :D I'll tell you what - if no one responds before then, I'll be sure to come back here and refresh your recollection about the milk issue when I get back from my first HAL DVS experience in early December!

I, like you, don't drink caff coffee and really enjoy they offer decaf out of the wonderful coffee machine.

I have no idea if the milk is skim, low fat or :eek: high fat!! But I will ask when we are on our upcoming Maasdam cruise.

My guess is low fat or skim. I think it might foam better than heavy fat milk.

Archived