Cruise Line For A 5yr Old?

luv2cruise39

I need help. I have finally booked a B2b cruise but on two different ships. The Liberty of the Seas first and the Carnival Liberty next. Now I dont know if it is such a great idea. My son is very shy so I really dont know if he would stay at the kids club. So based on that which ship do I stay on or do I leave it the way it is hoping he'll go to the clubs. I want him to have a lot of choices and a lot of fun. I know RCCL has the H2O zone, which I'm sure he would love. Help please!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I need help. I have finally booked a B2b cruise but on two different ships. The Liberty of the Seas first and the Carnival Liberty next. Now I dont know if it is such a great idea. My son is very shy so I really dont know if he would stay at the kids club. So based on that which ship do I stay on or do I leave it the way it is hoping he'll go to the clubs. I want him to have a lot of choices and a lot of fun. I know RCCL has the H2O zone, which I'm sure he would love. Help please!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Come over to the Family Cruising forum. You'll get lots of advice there. I don't think you can go wrong for the kids or the adults on those ships.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

We took our DS on his first cruise when he was 5 and at first he didn't want to stay in the kid's club. But, we insisted! Then we couldn't get him out of the kid's club!!:D He had a great time and we have been cruising every spring break with him for years. He loves to cruise!

I cant speak for Carnival, but we went on Liberty of the Seas in May and there seemed to be a lot of activities for children, in addition to the H2O zone...so you should be able to find a sufficient number of enjoyable activities for him on that ship. We were talking to a parent while on LOS that had a similar situation to yours...they were nervous about how their child would react to the people and the surrounding, but were astonished at how well it went...I realize no 2 kids are alike but I hope this helps

I took my 5-year old DD to the Camp Carnival area right when we boarded. Actually it was quite by accident, we went exploring, were looking for the Arcade, and stumbled upon Camp Carnival. One of the counselors was there, and DD got a private tour of Camp Carnival when it was quiet. Between getting to scope the place out when it was quiet, and having already met one of the counselors, it really helped her aclimate very easily, and she loved it.

So my suggestion (for both ships), is to take your little one to the children's club pretty soon after boarding and see if you can just check it out quietly, and maybe he can meet one or more of the counselors. It might help him feel a little more in control and comfortable in his surroundings to already have it scoped out and have a grown-up there that he "knows."

Have a great trip!!!:)

Thanks everybody. It's been so many years since I took a vacation(9+yrs) that I'm trying to put together the perfect vacation. I've booked one week on each ship but am rethinking that idea just because it might be easier and more fun for my son if he stays on one ship. Everybody tells me there is so much to do on the Liberty of the Seas that 1 week wouldn't be enough anyways.

I have been on both ships and if you can, do both of them. Your son will be so busy and entertained that he will be out cold by 8PM everynight. The H2O zone on the Liberty is wonderful, and large, and the wave rider is cool. The water park and the slides on the Carnival ship will also be fabulous. The kids clubs are full of activities and I say if you can, then do it!

I wish I could :rolleyes:

Sounds like you have picked some pretty good lines, all have good kids programs. HAL and Princess not quite as kid friendly. Of course Disney is wonderful, but we are talking about prices much higher. For some this is an issue. You may be surprised, he could end up loving the kids programs on both lines you have chosen.

Nita

Archived