All inclusive resorts - Ocho Rios

malakie

After weighing the pros/cons of each of the all inclusives, we are going to try out the Sunset Jamaica Grande this November. Although it may not be as nice as Sandals or Couples it is the cheapest and best of all closest to the port! I have read the cab fares to the other resorts are around $20 one way! Sunset Jamaica Grande is a $2 to $3 dollar fare (or you can just walk it!).

Here is the email response from Sunset Jamaica Grande:

Thanks for your email. We do have a Day Pass Special for cruise ship members. The rate is US$45 per adult/ US$25 per child. This includes the following: Snacks from our two Beach Grills Hospitality room with showers Non-Motorized Water sports Activities Unlimited use of the Pool & Beach Facilities Full Buffet Lunch (Grande Palm Restaurant) Unlimited Beverages (alcoholic/non-alcoholic) Beach towels are not provided Day Pass 9am-5:00pm Picture id is required Access to Fitness Centre & kiddies club not in package.

I don't know about Couples or Sandals but I do recall that we were not able to hail a cab from the Riu. The only way to get a cab from the hotel to the cruise ship area was to pre-book a cab through the hotel's excursions. If you decide to take a cab to a hotel, make absolutely certain that you can get a ride back. Don't assume you can just pick one up at the hotel.

LNF

After weighing the pros/cons of each of the all inclusives, we are going to try out the Sunset Jamaica Grande this November. Although it may not be as nice as Sandals or Couples it is the cheapest and best of all closest to the port! I have read the cab fares to the other resorts are around $20 one way! Sunset Jamaica Grande is a $2 to $3 dollar fare (or you can just walk it!).

Here is the email response from Sunset Jamaica Grande:

Thanks for your email. We do have a Day Pass Special for cruise ship members. The rate is US$45 per adult/ US$25 per child. This includes the following: Snacks from our two Beach Grills Hospitality room with showers Non-Motorized Water sports Activities Unlimited use of the Pool & Beach Facilities Full Buffet Lunch (Grande Palm Restaurant) Unlimited Beverages (alcoholic/non-alcoholic) Beach towels are not provided Day Pass 9am-5:00pm Picture id is required Access to Fitness Centre & kiddies club not in package.

That sounds like a plan to me!!

Do any of these places allow teenagers. My wife and I will be there in Mid December and want a place just to relax. We have two teenage girls 15 and 17. We need a place they can join us.

Try Beaches Boscobel - it is a family all inclusive in Ocho Rios.

• 1 month later...
I wrote to them a week ago, but still no reply. Do you mind telling me what email address you used to contact them? Thanks so much :)

reservations@sunsetochorios.com

They responded the same day. If you get a different answer for December, please let us know.

There is only one ship in Ocho Rios that day ( us) so I thought we had a good chance.

Here's what I just got back from them (my request was for December 3rd, 2008):

I'm assuming this means alcoholic beverages as well?

The day pass cost for cruise passengers is US $45 per person. It includes

buffet lunch and snacks from two beach grills. All beverages are included to use the beach, jacuzzi, water slide, pools there is also a hospitality room where you can shower and change off.

The hotel provide taxi at an additional cost. Day pass is available on the third. The time is from 10:30am to 5:30pm. Reservations is not needed in advance

Regards,

Reservations Agent,

Archived