Need Advice from vets CCL vs RCCL

luvbrady

Have a chance to cruise with Carnival or RCCL. Similar POC's. Have sailed with RCCL 3x's now with no complaints. Looking for advice from people who have sailed both lines. ABOUT US- Traveling with 2 young kids (4+7) and several other couples with kids. Looking at 10-17 people in our group. Like to eat and drink;) Excursions not a big deal- we just kinda do our own thing. Concerned about Carnival's 'FUN SHIP' rap- our understanding is that it is a typically a younger, rowdier crowd vs RCCL. Interested in the kids activities for anyone who has used them as well. All the kids (we had 6 under 8yrs old last time!) had to be dragged out of Adventure Ocean at the end of the night.

Any insite would be appreciated:D

our understanding is that it is a typically a younger, rowdier crowd vs RCCL.:D

Having been on two Carnival cruises (with the third this weekend!) I am always amazed that people think Carnival is "rowdy" in any way. That has NOT been my experience at all! In fact, our last cruise on the Miracle was pretty much dead at night. It was a bit of a snore!

I'm sure on a cheap 2 or 3 day booze cruise, you'll get your fair share of rowdy people (on any line), but not on a 7-day.

This will be my BF's 14th cruise on various lines (CCL, RCCL, Princess, NCL), and he says RCCL and CCL are very comperable when it comes to passengers.

Have a chance to cruise with Carnival or RCCL. Similar POC's. Have sailed with RCCL 3x's now with no complaints. Looking for advice from people who have sailed both lines. ABOUT US- Traveling with 2 young kids (4+7) and several other couples with kids. Looking at 10-17 people in our group. Like to eat and drink;) Excursions not a big deal- we just kinda do our own thing. Concerned about Carnival's 'FUN SHIP' rap- our understanding is that it is a typically a younger, rowdier crowd vs RCCL. Interested in the kids activities for anyone who has used them as well. All the kids (we had 6 under 8yrs old last time!) had to be dragged out of Adventure Ocean at the end of the night.

Any insite would be appreciated:D

Which ships are you looking at?

Enchantment (possibly Mariner) for RCCL and Triumph or Victory for CCL

If you have not been on the Mariner that would be my vote. That class ship doesn't even come close to the Triumph or Victory:) But I would imagine the cost is greater.

Enchantment (possibly Mariner) for RCCL and Triumph or Victory for CCL

Mariner (RCI) and Glory (Carnival) both go out of Port Canaveral. I love going out of port Canaveral. We stayed at the Radisson and I liked the old world antinqueiness of the rooms and sleep number beds. You can park for free during your cruise and they will shuttle you to the port and back for free.

That would be my port of choice. Mariner is leaving Port Canaveral in 2009, but Id do either in a heart beat.

I agree, Enchantment and Mariner beat the Triumph HANDS DOWN. The Mariner is really a great cruising experience, and in our experience, not a rowdy party ship at all. The night life wasn't as "hoppin'" as CCL's, but the ship is first class, beautiful. I'd sail Mariner again in a heartbeat, am heading out soon on my 3rd Enchantment cruise, but wouldn't sail Triumph again.

Good luck with your decision (choose Mariner!!!) LOL! :p

Im a mariner fan so I am kind of biased, lol but I have cruised both cruiselines. I actually think the nightlife on the mariner is better than on the carnival ships I have been on. It depends on the time of year you are cruising, but it has been great for me and I have been on her 5 times.

We also took my friends daughter on carnival triumph when she was 13 and the following year we took her on the mariner, she liked the mariner better and still keeps in touch with the friends she made

I think you and your family will have a good time on both cruiselines. Personally though I think the voyager class ships have more to do, which is why I have cruised them so much.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I figured if I put this on the RCCL board it would lean towards them. And since the gang here seems to lean towards Marnier I think that will be the recommendation I will put forth. Our first cruise was on Voyager and was an outstanding experience. We've cruised on Majesty pre and post renovations and had a great time. We're actually considering the Majesty again, but this would have been our third- so we wanted to up grade. Although we might squeeze a 3 day in for early Dec depending on airfare. I wanted to make sure we weren't just kicking back with a "if it 'ain't broke" and missing out. We'll be sticking with RCCL- even though it's about $600 more. Sounds like that will be made up in food alone! Thanks again to all . Can't wait to book! :D

Our first cruise was a family cruise on Victory; since then have done family cruise on Liberty, Valor, and RCI Navigator (ages 7-70). Next year - we are back on Carnival (Destiny).

The kids voted to go back on Carnival. The adults thought the night life was better on Carnival.

I'm sure you will have a great time whichever one you choose.

I am a Carnival person at heart, but I must say the Mariner would be my choice. My experience on the Mariner far exceeds any of my other cruises. The Carnival Conquest is a close second, but it was virtually band new at that time.

Mariner all the way....:)

No matter the ship, enjoy your cruise.

Archived