All Things Voyager of the Seas Please!!

tray

Ah Snooze - you da man. Hope you have a great time on the 13th! At least I know I can count on YOU to do a review!!!!! Are ya'll gonna do Portofino's one night?

We are home with dial up today so not planning to post much ..........

We did Portofino's on the TA and the surf & turf (fillet & lobster) seafood kabob was excellent. It was also something to take a picture of. Deserts were great too. Plenty of chocholate! :) The menu was not as "Italian" as we got on the Jewel but there were several beef plates so someone who doesn't appreciate Portofino might still go and be satisfied. That way you don't miss Chops too much. ;)

Couldn't get the photo to upload. Oh well

Ah Snooze - you da man. Hope you have a great time on the 13th! At least I know I can count on YOU to do a review!!!!! Are ya'll gonna do Portofino's one night?

Probably won't eat at Portifino's since DW is a vegetarian and not into 'eating'. Of course I am very much into 'food'. One of the reasons cruise vacations are ideal for us. We each can find the things we enjoy. Looks like Pete enjoyed it. I know I would.

Yes I'll have a review up debarkation evening. I usually write them on board.

Have a great New Year!

Probably won't eat at Portifino's since DW is a vegetarian and not into 'eating'. Of course I am very much into 'food'. One of the reasons cruise vacations are ideal for us. We each can find the things we enjoy. Looks like Pete enjoyed it. I know I would.

Yes I'll have a review up debarkation evening. I usually write them on board.

Have a great New Year!

Yes, I did enjoy Portifino's! maybe a little too much :)

Because the menu was so varried I can't say for sure but DW & I both think you can get a vegetarian meal in Portifino's ....... just in case you want to go .......... ;)

Sorry Tray, I didn't see your thread and started another. I will ask CC to consolidate mine with yours if possible.

I love reading all the info on The Voyager....so I'm soaking it all up!!

Happy New Year fellow cruisers!!

This may have been asked already......and I apologize if I missed it. Does EVERY room on Voyager have a fridge? I know the smaller ships do not. One of the ladies in our group needs to keep some meds cool and I told her that I would find out. She will be in an "interior" cabin.

10 more days!

This may have been asked already......and I apologize if I missed it. Does EVERY room on Voyager have a fridge? I know the smaller ships do not. One of the ladies in our group needs to keep some meds cool and I told her that I would find out. She will be in an "interior" cabin.

10 more days!

Even if the cabin does have a "fridge" it may not be cool enough to keep the meds. Your friend needs to contact the special needs department to let them know exactly what is needed. The problem is that the "fridge" in the cabin is a "drink cooler" kept at a relatively higher temp then a normal refridger.

Here is a link to Special Needs search results and a quote from the RCI web site.

Other Needs If you have another type of medical condition that has not been mentioned, please inquire about policies and procedures that may affect your cruise. Call us at (800) 722-5472 x34492 (voice/TDD), send an e-mail to special_needs@rccl.com , or have your local travel agent or International Representative contact us.

Were the hot tubs, hot? Last couple of times on the Grand Princess some of her hot tubs were either luke warm or scalding hot or out of order.

That was my only real complaint about Voyager in '06. Some hot tubs were hot, others barely warm like you said, but they closed the hot ones down at night and left only the luke warm ones. I'm use to a nice hot soak before bed.

That was my only real complaint about Voyager in '06. Some hot tubs were hot, others barely warm like you said, but they closed the hot ones down at night and left only the luke warm ones. I'm use to a nice hot soak before bed.

Grab one of the "pool managers" and tell 'em the temp is low and they will turn it up for you ........... just a thought :)

Were the hot tubs, hot? Last couple of times on the Grand Princess some of her hot tubs were either luke warm or scalding hot or out of order.

Now for the important question, were the buckets of beer still in the $15-$16 + tax range?

Price of soft drink cards?

Thanks.

Last June on the Mariner, the soda cards were $42 + 15% gratuity for adults and $28 for children. Sorry, I can't help with the bucket of beer prices!

The information I really want is what nights are formal (Monday & Friday?) and what the menu order is in the dining room. One of the first things I'll do after I board is make a Portofino reservation. I'd like it to be on Caribbean Night in the dining room, but if not that night definitely not on a formal night.

I also want to know when the ice show is scheduled so I know if I need to keep that in mind when I make Portofino reservations. I would think tickets will be available Tuesday morning with shows on Wednesday and possibly Friday. I don't want to go to the ice show on the same evening as a formal night, but I could do the ice show and Portofino the same night. Compulsive over-planner that I am I like to have this all worked out in my head before I board!:rolleyes:

Grab one of the "pool managers" and tell 'em the temp is low and they will turn it up for you ........... just a thought :)

At 11pm, they are pretty scarce, which is another reason its a great time to use them.

And which bar serves the best Mojiots

Oh I might know this.....

This is what I found out on my recent Adventure cruise. They make a gold (premium) mojito in the High Notes Lounge. I was told at our M&M while we were up there the first day; however, I didn't try one until the last night when I went up to listen to jazz. I am very particular about my mojitos so I was skeptical. IT WAS GREAT. BTW-the jazz was also great. Really only a few pax, but a lot of staff and senior officers. I guess the pax were busy putting out their bags for the next morning. It was a late in the night deal. I am hoping that it will be the same on VY, it was a great night.

......I will confirm for you in my review b4 you leave.

Oh good..Thanks...That will be great..

I know what you mean about particular...And its very frustrating as very very few places around here can or will make them..

There is a great Cuban spot on NASA RD 1....Thats about the best...

"I know what you mean about particular...And its very frustrating as very very few places around here can or will make them..

There is a great Cuban spot on NASA RD 1....Thats about the best..." (quote)

brn2crz,

Not to get off topic, but where is that place on NASA RD 1? I have been trying to get a good mojito in the Clear Lake area for months!!!

Yeah...And good luck with that :(

But this is the place I was talking about..Sorry,not Nasa RD...But Marina Dr in South Shore Harbour..

South Shore Grill

2800 Marina Bay Dr

League City, TX 77573

Also like Cafe Miami on Bissonnet if you are in that area,or La Vina...very good on Richmond.

Archived