Question for women only, please!

Dengail

MEN: Read at your own Risk!!!(hehe)

When we were on the voyager they had tampons and pads available in the restrooms...we will be on the Liberty this Dec...anyone know if this is the case on that ship. We are not EXPECTING this to be a problem but wondering if we should bring some just in case...thanks.

I purchased some in Cozumel, Meh-hee-co last time we were there. Tampax, and the box, is funny when you try to read it in Meh-hee-can.

I didn't use most of them so I still have the box at home.

Come to think of it, I consider them a souvenir of sorts....

Is that weird???!!! :confused::D

LOL

Hey cruisinmama! I used to do that too when I was going to have special time w/my honey. Now I'm off (tubes tied--tmi???) and HATE having to go by my body's schedule!

Anyway, I always pack my 'necessities' if I think it'll be that time. And now I have to make sure my 1st dd will be prepared as well...

I remember seeing them on the Radiance, but I don't think they're meant to be used for your entire supply. Just, if you really need one now, there they are. If there's a possibility that you will need some, you should bring your own.

And my theory is that if you bring something thinking you *might* need it, chances are you won't. So bring those suckers--along with an umbrella!!! :D

Another observation in regards to "Aunt Flo", you are not supposed to flush anything. Some cruise lines provide those little privacy bags, some don't. I bring my own supply.

I had a very embarassing experience with this myself - you don't want to have to call the room steward on this!

Hey cruisinmama! I used to do that too when I was going to have special time w/my honey. Now I'm off (tubes tied--tmi???) and HATE having to go by my body's schedule!

Anyway, I always pack my 'necessities' if I think it'll be that time. And now I have to make sure my 1st dd will be prepared as well...

You can call your gyn ask for a sample pack of pills for your vacation. It works even post tubal

I had a very embarassing experience with this myself - you don't want to have to call the room steward on this!

That is one thing I really do not want to ask the steward for. I did a web search to even figure out what those bags were called.

Another thing to bring up for those with girls, and this is a first hand story. My sister had her first period while on vacation. So bringing supplies just in case is a good thing. The stuff does not go bad.:D

You ladies just wait till pre menopause. Besides the hot flashes things happen when they happen.

Try my roommate who had it occur while we were on an excursion in Mexico. There weren't any stores around, and no one spoke english!:eek:

Always pack! I even know my schedule and wasn't paying attention, packed a couple but then had a very heavy flow on vacation. Bled all over the seat of my friend's car and didn't have anything left to use. If friend hadn't had a spare tampon (not my brand AT ALL, let's just say I learned how to do things without an applicator that day!) I would have been sitting on one of the baby's diapers.

Pack them!!

I have a question. I've never tried taking my pills back-to-back (skipping sugar pills). Do you still get the period symptoms, but just never get the period, or can you still get some bleeding? Then on your period the next month is it usually heavier because you skipped the prior month?

I started spotting a week early during my last period and I'm on the pill and didn't miss any days :confused: and then I still got a regular period at my normal time, so I was not happy for way over a week!! So I'm wondering if I could still get something even if I do a back-to-back.

I have a question. I've never tried taking my pills back-to-back (skipping sugar pills). Do you still get the period symptoms, but just never get the period, or can you still get some bleeding? Then on your period the next month is it usually heavier because you skipped the prior month?

I started spotting a week early during my last period and I'm on the pill and didn't miss any days :confused: and then I still got a regular period at my normal time, so I was not happy for way over a week!! So I'm wondering if I could still get something even if I do a back-to-back.

I always skip the sugar pills and never have my visitor or the symptoms that go along with it.

The way your body responds (spotting or nothing) really depends on your body.

The only thing you can do is try it and see. I would give it at least 3 months before you really know how your body will react consistently.

I always skip the sugar pills and never have my visitor or the symptoms that go along with it.

The way your body responds (spotting or nothing) really depends on your body.

The only thing you can do is try it and see. I would give it at least 3 months before you really know how your body will react consistently.

ITA. This is not something I would recommend trying on your first month. I've been on several brands of pills and have been doing this for years. I've had one brand that did not work. I still got my period and it was heavy and lasted way longer than a week.

And yes you can take them constantly and never get your period, but you should talk to your doctor. My doctor prefers that I have 4 periods a year.

Archived