P&O CRUISE SHIPS - Pacific Sun/Sky/Star/Dawn - MAGGES & DAY SPA TREATMENTS

LuckiePuris

Hi, I'm enquiring regarding P&O Cruises - Pacific Sun/Sky/Star/Dawn.

Does anyone know how much massages and day spa treatments would cost on the cruise?

Has anyone been and used the services?

I'm just trying to organise how much money to allow for these things!

On the Sun, they only advertised the expensive packages. All I wanted was a simple massage! When we went to enquire at the desk about prices, they gave us their flyer - which only contained packages over $150. Too much for me unfortunately.

However, I came across a services book of theirs one day on display and noted it had simple massages in. I went and specifically talked to them about that, and a normal massage was I think around $60-80. I guess they are taught to flog the expensive ones and only offer the other ones when asked.

On port days, from opening to closing of the salon, they did specials. My fav was the $99 special that was on a few days – you could pick three options out of 6 to have done. It went for about an hour and was bliss! My husband did one and I did one as well, and I went back for another one later.

When we got on board there was a ‘traveller’s relaxation’ package for that day – I think it was about $60 for 25 minute back/shoulder rub plus hand and foot rub. We were too excited about exploring the ship – not to mention exhausted from being up and travelling since midnight that day – to worry about it.

I did have, on the first full day, a frangipani treatment at the beauty salon. I sat in a chair with a sari thing over my shoulders, and it was an intensive hair treatment and shoulder/neck/scalp massage. You can’t go out in the sun afterwards as they put an oil on you and it will burn you when exposed to the sun. I washed my hair about 1 hour later and spent that hour in the room – it was all slicked up – but apparently you should keep it in for as long as possible as it restores colour. I stood under the shower and washed my hair with shampoo three times and it was fine. My tablemate with long hair didn’t bother about washing it all night as she could just tie it up.

That was great – and even better it was about $30, the cheapest thing you could get!

Archived