What do you Suggest

ministerb

My DW and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary aboard the FOS 04/20/08 and I want to do something special. We have this favorite song and I would absolutely love to sing it for her as a surprise in front of everyone. Is there a way to make that happen? If so who would I need to talk to? Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

I would suggest that you write a short note to the cruise director and stop by the pursers desk and ask them to pass it to the cruise director. See what happens from there. If that doesn't work you can try to talk to one of the small groups or piano players in one of the lounges to see if they can help you. Good luck.

karaoke is popular on many cruises, check you compass or with the CD and then just sign up with the cruise staff. They are always looking for people to sing. If they have a talent show and you any good you'll win the karaoke contest and be in the talent show which will broaden your audiance.

If you not a good singer then sing your song to her in the cabin (not the shower way too small) you won't have the big audiance but then maybe you won't want anyone watching.

Karaoke has my bet. They've had it on every RCI ship I've been on, including the LOS which is the sister of FOS. Like the other poster said they're always looking for victims, I mean people to do it.

They put you on stage and "run" the words of the song you pick on a tv screen. It's great fun and everyone has a blast. I don't know what song you have in mind but they probably have it in their database.

That's such a great idea, wish I'd thought of it myself on our last cruise. (30 yr anniversary). But then again, with my singing, we probably would've been put off the ship at the next port, lol.

Good luck with your surprise. Make sure you get it on video tape. That would definitely be a keeper to show those back at home.

Jimmers

I know at when we were at Chops a young man brought his girl friend in...there were flowers and chilled chamagne at the table...and then in front of everyone he got down on one knee and asked her to marry him...it was so beautiful...everyone around them was so touched. I am sure that you will touch those around you as well as your wife...she is very fortunate.

If you are looking for something funny, you could arrange (get with the Cruise Director in advance) to have an engagement ring in a jewelry box added to the QUEST list. When he/she ask for the item, you could go in front of the whole group and propose. Maybe not as romantic, but sure not to be forgotten and most likely would make the cruise in review video.

Good luck and congratulations.

Dave

Karaoke has my bet. They've had it on every RCI ship I've been on, including the LOS which is the sister of FOS. Like the other poster said they're always looking for victims, I mean people to do it.

Do you know if they ever let children do the Karaoke? I have a DD who would just love to do so...but it seemed last weekend on Majesty it was for adults only.

Do you know if they ever let children do the Karaoke? I have a DD who would just love to do so...but it seemed last weekend on Majesty it was for adults only.

I've never seen ANY children there, not even as spectators. Maybe it's because of the drinking. Maybe because I was drunk myself????,lol.

BUT, I've heard great things about RCI's childrens program. They may have Karaoke there.

Jimmers

Archived