Pillows?

goLC

After our cruise last Oct, I was dying to order Carnival's pillows. Just so happened, so was my neice. My husbands comment was"I don't think those pillows were anything special" . So me and my neice ordered 1 set and each took one. I've love going to sleep every night on it. Well..... about a month ago my husband had a horrible headache, I walk into our bedroom and he is lying in bed and he is laying on my pillow. He told me that the pillow was the most awesome thing for his headache and that he didn't realize how comfortable it really is. Long story short..... I'm going to order another set and put one under the Christmas tree for him(foolish man, I knew he would regret not getting one a year ago!!! ha!)

[/b]

Ahh, your just going to have to do what I do, which I have done on this cruise we are going on next September. I asked my DH were he wanted to go for our anniversary, I told him I wanted to go to Europe. His answer, he did not loose anything over there :rolleyes: . This went on back and forth for months. Finally I gave up, talked to some friends and asked them to help me out (they are going with us). We met them at Olive Garden (the Italy thing), and we kinda hooked him into it. He still will not talk about it, so I am just hoping that in time we will start to talk and he will see how wonderful this trip is.

I do not recommend this, but in a desperate situation, we have to do what we have to do. just how often do we celebrate a 45th wedding anniversary.

My husband is never excited until about maybe a week before departure. He will probably start getting excited as the date gets closer. Mean while just keep talking and planning on cc. Thats what will get you through until your husband gets on board with your planning.;)

I dunno - he's pretty hard headed. Meanwhile, some of us teachers are talking up another one. I'd love to go spring break, but we only get 1 week off then, and if we have many snow days, they will take spring break away, so I hate to plan on that and possibly wind up losing our deposit, since we won't know until late probably. That leaves summer, and most of our summers is full of teacher meetings and workshops... so my best bet might be NEXT fall break, and gosh, I hate to wait that long! Feeling SAD here!:(

My husband is never excited until about maybe a week before departure. He will probably start getting excited as the date gets closer. Mean while just keep talking and planning on cc. Thats what will get you through until your husband gets on board with your planning.;)

I am hoping that whenever he "gets on board", it will be some day in the not so distant future. Our friends that are going with us and I are doing all this emailing, deciding what to do in London/Rome, how long to stay in each city and where to stay, and my DH has no idea what we are doing. To be honest, it may be better that he doesn't, knowing him he would say, no I do not want to do that. So, this way it will be all planned and when he gets on that plane to go to London, he will just have to go along with whatever we have planed. Maybe this will work out a lot better than I hoped, not talking LOL.

We too loved the beds, I slept like a log. Never woke up with aches and pains, didn't want to get up in the morning. I may order the pillows, but I have bedding just as nice or better, I am obsessed with perfect bedding! It really was nice that carnival provided such high quality linens. We also loved the super thick robes, I am not sure if they were the regular robes, because our friends had different ones, ours had like a large waffle pattern.

I wanna go on another cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAC

Am I the only crazy person out there who thinks that the mattress is not all that great? DH and I both thought they a little too firm and had back aches on both cruises so far. I've certainly slept on worse at some hotels but I just didn't think they were all that comfy! The linens were really nice, though - I love a nice comforter like that instead of those funky quilted bedspreads like a lot of hotels have.

See, we haven't gone on our cruise yet, but this is something my Dh & I are a little worried about. The last time we went on vacation somewhere (driving), as soon as we discovered how hard the bed was we went to the local Target and bought a foam egg-crate mattress to put on top of the mattress. We were in that hotel 3 nights, and would have been miserable without the extra cushion. For both of us, if a bed is too hard we toss and turn, don't sleep all night, and are stiff and sore. The next time we went away for a long weekend, we took it with us just in case. Glad we did too! We stayed in a very nice hotel that was advertising (like Carnival is doing) their new bedding, and how comfortable it was. The mattress pad, linens, all of the bedding was very nice, soft & cushy, but the mattress itself was very hard. After laying on it for a little while you could feel it, even with the nice mattress pad.

Anyway...

So, does anyone else think the mattresses are too firm?

My pillows have been shipped as of this morning. I ordered the "suite" pillows.

As to taking an egg crate topper, I did so when I cruised last year, because I knew I was going to be the one on the convertible sofa. I bought a full sized topper, put it in one of the large "sucker" bags and took it with me in a duffle bag (funny, it "unsuckered" but the bag still stayed zipped; also I drive to the port). It made my sofabed really comfortable along with the other linens that Carnival uses. I left it onboard at the end, figuring it was worth the $12-14 I spent on it.

If you are truly worried, take 2 twin toppers...they're cheap enough. By the way, if you put them in a plain old heavy duty garbage bag, you can suck out the air almost as good as with the store-bought kind. Quickly shove it in your duffle bag and you are all set!

I was on the Miracle last year and asked the cabin stewart for an egg crate mattress topper and the next thing I knew the bed was made with one.

Really? So, they might have them? I wonder if I go to the Carnival website if there's somewhere I can ask that? Maybe customer service or something. Hmmm.... It would certainly be more convenient than bringing one.

I'll let you know what I find out!

My pillows came yesterday!!! Don't know why it said they'd been backordered. I slept like a baby!!! It may be an "in my head" thing, but whatever - I slept great! Unless they completely fall apart, it was definitely worth it! As comfy as I remembered!

Archived