Carnival Valor Balcony Question

Cassandra

Does anyone know who has been on this ship on decks 6, 7 & 8 at the very back end of the ship on both corners, are these balcony rooms? If so, are they larger than the regular balcony rooms? How is the engine noise, if any?

What is the square footage of the balcony rooms? I looked here & on Carnival's website & their catalog, & can't find any measurements. So I'm coming to the experts here. :D

Does anyone know who has been on this ship on decks 6, 7 & 8 at the very back end of the ship on both corners, are these balcony rooms? If so, are they larger than the regular balcony rooms? How is the engine noise, if any?

What is the square footage of the balcony rooms? I looked here & on Carnival's website & their catalog, & can't find any measurements. So I'm coming to the experts here. :D

the balconies and cabins are different in size and cabin layout is different due to the shape of the back of the ship.....I doubt you'd find anything specific. Thery are usually just as roomy as a standard balcony but more of a pie shape. Not all can have a couch.....nor do they all accomodate a third passenger(one deck might....but I don't think so)

They are cat 9A and book quickly for a reason...the balcony. Most people who book a 9A would be ticked if they were upgraded to an 11 or 12.

My parents had a Triumph 9A...no problem with noise/vibration........but the balcony...................

2802220630089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

2831682650089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

2563408980089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

book it and enjoy!!

My first is next year!!

A couple months ago I sailed the Valor for two weeks in cabin 8452. Aft balcony two over from the corner. We definitely heard a lot of engine (i'm assuming it was the engine) noise pulling into port - and it was enough to wake us up. Would it prevent me from booking another aft balcony? Absolutely not. The extra room on the balcony and having a view of both sides of the ship was totally worth it.

Cabin 8450 has the same size room as 8452, but the balcony has a couple extra feet in length. Our friends were in that cabin, so we always hung out on their slightly larger balcony. The 9A's (corners) are also balcony rooms.

I have had a corner on Destiny three times, Pride once and have corner booked on Valor in Dec. That is all we book now if the ship has them. All the balcony rooms are different sizes based on the floorplan of the ship, but have about as much space as a regular balcony room. We have never had a problem with soot, engine noise, or noise on the deck above. We had one problem with people (kids?) throwing food over the side from the pool deck. Most people think the food (cigarettes,etc) is going into the ocean but in places like Aruba where it is windy or at sea, all that stuff has a better chance of landing on somebodies balcony deck. Book the room, it is well worth it for the (about) 40ft of balcony.

Flitter306, DW and I will be staying in that same room soon, Could you pease tell me where was your muster station? What Dining room were you put in and was it easy to get to? Did you hear the imfamous deck chairs being dragged accross the deck at 3:00 am. Soot and cigs on your balcony? Hotter than hell, no breeze? And anything else some mention?

Your answer will be much appreciated. Thank You,

T

Just a quick comment....one great thing about deck 7 (the Empress deck) on the Valor is that it is the one deck that has only cabin decks both above and below....no public areas.

We didn't have one of the aft cabins, but loved our quiet balcony. (We actually had two cabins next to each other....so with the divider folded back we had a pretty decent-sized balcony.)

"Scout" aka Carol

Dayton, OH

Carnival Valor~December 2005

Archived