Are the Irons allowed on RCCL?

smile247

Hey everyone -

We (2 adults and 2 children,daughter 14 yrs & son 11 yrs.) are going on our first cruise on Feb.24,2008 on the Voyager. Im very excited. I know this may be a silly question but I thought I read somewhere that there isnt any irons in the cabins on RC. If this is the case I have a travel iron I thought mabey I could try to sneak on board. But then again no ironing board. What would they do with it if they took it? I iron all of our clothes everyday,and the thought of sending them out to be done seems like a waste of money (especially for the four of us). Does anyone have the prices or a link of cost to have things laundred on board? Im going to try to pack things that dont wrinkle too muicon7.gifch,but I know Ill need an iron for something out of 7 days. Hope this isnt too silly of a question. Thanks for your responses..-Smile247

The answer is NO and please don't try to sneak one on board. Your cruise documents should tell you what is not allowed. Is it really that important to have perfectly pressed clothes? Don't forget that everyone else will be wearing clothes that came out of a suitcase as well.:) Plus, you're on vacation, a time to get away from the things you do at home.

You're on vacation so don't worry about a few wrinkles in your everyday leisure clothes. Nobody will notice. As for your formal clothes, if you pack them in a garment bag they usually come out fine. At least that's been our experience on 4 cruises. I'm told a steamer is permitted and some say they work pretty good. ?????.

Worst case you take the formal stuff to the laundry. I can't quote the fees but there not that bad. Trust me they'll probably be the cheapest thing on the ship.

Cruises are great family fun. Make the best of it, create great memories, take a tons of pictures, spend lots of money. Remember, you're on vacation.

And start planning your next one before you leave the Voyager.

Jimmers:)

Pack your hanging items in dry cleaners garment bags and try the multifold manner. You simply put an item over the side of your suitcase and then another from another side and layer your clothing finally folding everything back over the last item. Sometimes I put some soft items on top of the first layer and then just layer until done. Careful folding will eliminate almost any creases too.

Use the bath as a steamer. There will be hooks on the back of the bath door and if you need a little help try this too. There is a drying line you can also use in the shower to hang clothes.

Downy Wrinkle Release is available in most grocery stores and Wal Mart type stores. And, there are other producs that do the same thing.

I have carried a steamer on over 20 cruises and never used it once. I am sure I am not as fastidious as you but I do hate wrinkles. Somehow just boarding the ship leads me down a different path and I never check my mate, traveling companions, or anyone else to see if their clothing is wrinkled. I guess that means that I am enjoying myself.

An iron is not a matter of another way for the ship to empty your wallet. It is a definite safety issue. Please consider the well being of your family and every other passenger on your sailing.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived