Crown Princess Nov. 13 Grenada

pepperdaisy

I am thinking about taking a land tour with Mandoo - who has very good reviews all over CC. This is NOT through Princess. I have emailed him and he is very nice and responsive. My concern is - we are only in port from 9am-2pm. He assures me we will be back no later than 1:15pm. Any advice or suggestions from anyone? Thanks,:)

You might hope that everyone shows up on time. Other posters state Mandoo is so considerate that he's known to wait up to one hour for latecomers!

That made the decision for me. I'm on the same Crown schedule as you guys and I don't want to waste the day waiting for late arrivals.

I am on the same cruise and have been to Grenada on a cruise stop before. We went in port and booked there. We saw everything we wanted to see, except Fort Frederick.

I already booked an excursion through Princess just to see the Fort and the Spice Estate that are different.

As I was surfing the net, I found out that the Fort is not such a great place except for the view and some recommandations were done to come here.

Grenada, being such a short stop, I too do not want to stand there waiting for other people and I certainly do not want to miss the return to the ship.

Some of us on the Nov 24 sailing have cancelled our tour with Mandoo for the same reasons. We don't want to waste time waiting for others and with limited time in port we're going to make it walk around, shopping and then back on ship (to the pool) kind of day :)

Enjoy your cruise everyone!!!!

Some of us on the Nov 24 sailing have cancelled our tour with Mandoo for the same reasons. We don't want to waste time waiting for others and with limited time in port we're going to make it walk around, shopping and then back on ship (to the pool) kind of day :)

Enjoy your cruise everyone!!!!

I canceled with Mandoo a few days ago... if we wre in port longer, I would definately take the tour!! Thanks for your thoughts!! :)

• 1 month later...

I went on the Mandoo tour at the end of October. Yes, we waited for some late comers, but it wasn't the end of the world. We saw what we were supposed to see and Mandoo is a wealth of knowledge. I would have liked to visit the market outside the dock, but learning about and seeing the country, was well worth it.

Since Mandoo's clients are from the ship, trust me, he has the timing down packed.

I hope you enjoy whatever you do.

Archived