Which is better for a 10 Y/O Carnival Paradise or RC Monarch of the Seas?

PrincessMommy

I am a single Mommy of a 10 Y/O son. I have been on the 4 day to Ensenada and Catalina 2 times. My son has never been on a cruise. I was going to do a longer cruise, but, 1) I am on a budget, and 2) I want to make sure that he likes cruising before I invest in a longer cruise. (Any thoughts or opinions are welcome!!)

That being said, the prices are about the same, so which would my son like better?

I appreciate all responses!!:D

I am starting to be more of a RCCL fan lately for shorter cruises. My last Carnival experience on the Sensation has left me a little jaded. It wasn't the ship or the service, it was the passengers.

I have the activities for Adventure Ocean and for Camp Carnival listed here...just look for your son's age. The activities are pretty much the same fleetwide.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/

I think the best thing to do when choosing a cruise is to go to www.webshots.com and type in the name of the ship. Look at the pictures and see which you would prefer.

If money is tight and you are going in an inside or window cabin, you would have a bigger cabin on Paradise than on Monarch. But if you don't care about the cabin but the whole ship experience, then I would choose Monarch.

I am a single Mommy of a 10 Y/O son. I have been on the 4 day to Ensenada and Catalina 2 times. My son has never been on a cruise. I was going to do a longer cruise, but, 1) I am on a budget, and 2) I want to make sure that he likes cruising before I invest in a longer cruise. (Any thoughts or opinions are welcome!!)

That being said, the prices are about the same, so which would my son like better?

I appreciate all responses!!:D

remember all short cruises will be filled with a party crowd, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't take your 10 year old nor does it mean you can't have a great cruise experience. I would choose Carnival, they have a great kids program plus the added feature of cruising out of Long Beach versus San Pedro.

Nita

Thanks for all of your responses!

I am planning on cruising in January.

I have cruised with friends and my boyfriend (actually ex) but never with my son. He's a pretty easy going cool kid. I think i'm gonna stick with Carnival. Although, I heard that RCL has an awesome past guest program. Maybe I should cruise with them so I can get on their past guest list?:confused:

Archived