Upgrade fairy visited us too!!

suey

Just checked cruise personaliser for our April cruise, we never had a cabin number before just a grade (lowest inside - good special). We now have a cabin number 5 decks up, I know it might change but good to finally have a number. Happy with this.:)

Being in an inside cabin never worries me (except on Star where they are so much smaller). I am happy inside or out whatever is the best deal at the time. Usually only in the cabin to change, shower and sleep and if I want light in the mornings we just leave the TV on cruisecam channel with no sound and as it lightens so does the cabin (as good as a window).

good for you and there is still time for maybe another upgrade especially if you are sailing outside school holidays. i cant remember when they are next year because with easter being early the holidays are different

good for you and there is still time for maybe another upgrade especially if you are sailing outside school holidays. i cant remember when they are next year because with easter being early the holidays are different

It is during Qld School Holidays next year (5th - 13th Apr). They are a little funny next year as they don't include Easter as it is a earlier in the year from the 21st to 24th of March.

Cheers,

Charmain:)

It is the Qld school holidays as our holidays are separate to Easter next year (just a week).:)

Oops didn't read Chaz's entry first!!

It is the Qld school holidays as our holidays are separate to Easter next year (just a week).:)

Oops didn't read Chaz's entry first!!

Typical!! Never listen to what I say Mum! Just kidding:p . I probably shouldn't have stolen your thunder.

Cheers,

Charmain

I've read that some cruisers, once they're on the ship, they ask at the Pursers Desk if there are any upgrades available.

I'm just wondering, if there are any spare suites or a better cabin than the one I have booked, and I ask at the Pursers Desk, would they upgrade me?

Would they charge me extra?

Curious, because those rooms would be unoccupied and I would love to have a suite!!

Thanks Fellow Cruisers!!

Just got an email last night from our travel agent who has done the 2 nighter for us in March 08 and he said that we have been upgraded for the 2 cabins to Upper deck on the Sun and the cabins are much better than what we had last week. He did mention that if you require 2 cabins together they dont have them direct midship to accomodate 3rd or 4th berth passengers? Dont really get this but I guess he knows what he is talking about.

He did mention that if you require 2 cabins together they dont have them direct midship to accomodate 3rd or 4th berth passengers? Dont really get this but I guess he knows what he is talking about.

Pretty strange. Looking at the Suns deckplans though and the only 3rd and 4th berth cabins midships are outside ones. With the exception of a few slightly aft on Main and Upper Deck. Outside cabins though, there are heaps together.

Just got an email last night from our travel agent who has done the 2 nighter for us in March 08 and he said that we have been upgraded for the 2 cabins to Upper deck on the Sun and the cabins are much better than what we had last week. He did mention that if you require 2 cabins together they dont have them direct midship to accomodate 3rd or 4th berth passengers? Dont really get this but I guess he knows what he is talking about.

Anissa, we're on Upper Deck too, I hope you aren't going to be noisy neighbours :D

Archived