Interior Room D720 on Dolphin Deck Island Princess...No Brainer?

drm31078

Going to Alaska and can't afford a balcony. Saw room D720 on Dolphin deck on Island Princess and thought this could be good? It seems like it is right near a public balcony on the end of the ship (correct me if I am wrong). It is the only interior room on the whole deck. All the other rooms have balconies. As a result, that public deck would almost be like our own personal balcony?!?! The only downfall is that it is adjacent to a laundry room. Does this logic make sense, or am I better off going with an interior room not adjacent to a laundry room on the caribe deck? FYI...this is my first cruise. Thanks!

http://www.princess.com/ships/ip/deck/ip_dolphin_popup.html

Going to Alaska and can't afford a balcony. Saw room D720 on Dolphin deck on Island Princess and thought this could be good? It seems like it is right near a public balcony on the end of the ship (correct me if I am wrong). It is the only interior room on the whole deck. All the other rooms have balconies. As a result, that public deck would almost be like our own personal balcony?!?! The only downfall is that it is adjacent to a laundry room. Does this logic make sense, or am I better off going with an interior room not adjacent to a laundry room on the caribe deck? FYI...this is my first cruise. Thanks!

http://www.princess.com/ships/ip/deck/ip_dolphin_popup.html

Yes there is an open deck just aft down the hall from that cabin, however on the Baja and Caribe decks there are loungers set up in that aft section. On Dolphin it is a standing area only but still a great location. :)

Princess cabins are some of the quietest, dont think the laundry room will be that much of a problem. ;)

Thanks for the response. Kinda stinks that they don't have loungers...hmmm...still would be convenient and probably not too many people there. I dunno...maybe I am over thinking it. What is your opinion? Should I go for a similar location on the Caribe deck instead for the extra $$$? Would the aft caribe deck balcony get crowded? Any other perks for the caribe deck over the dolphin deck?

We were in mini suite D707 on the Island and often went out on the aft deck to get out of the wind and enjoy the view - especially in Glacier Bay when the captain was turning the ship. There really isn't enough room for loungers out there but as mentioned if you go one deck up there are plenty . We enjoyed an afternoon nap one day. Sunny and warm up there and not crowded at all....;)

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived