Which outside cabin on Celebrity Galaxy?

silverfern

Hello. My sister and I are looking at booking an outside cabin on Galaxy for a cruise in April. I can't decide what deck is the best one to be on. Does anyone have any advice on which deck would have the least amount of noise? Also is there much difference between the standard outside and superior outside cabins? The only difference as far as I can tell is that the superior rooms have a VCR and are on decks 8 or 9. Does that mean that Galaxy has some sort of video library? Also, are the rooms by the elevators extra noisey at all? They seem to be the only ones available on deck 8. Sorry for all of the questions. I travelled on RCCL only a couple of months ago and loved it so am hoping this cruise will be just good. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Cabin 9005 is an outside corner and is *huge*! We thought by the ship layout that it might be bigger, and it far exceeded our expectations.

Same cost as others in the category, but big enough to have a party in.

We had 8007, if either of these cabins, 9005, 9006, 8007 or 8004 are available grab one. As travelingmcmahans said, they are huge.

With some odd exceptions such as the 'corner cabins', all the Ocean View cabins are the same size - 172 sq ft. Here are the differences:-

Categories 6, 7 & 8 - 'Ocean View' cabins - have a small window;

Categories 4 & 5 - 'Deluxe Ocean View' - have a wider window, just about twice as wide;

Category 2A - 'Premium Ocean View' - is the same size cabin as the previous ones, but has a balcony as well;

Category CC - Concierge Class - is the same cabin as 2A, but has extras in the form of additional service; and finally

Category FO - Family Ocean View - is indeed larger, and is intended to sleep a family.

I have cruised twice in Category 5 cabins, and enjoyed it. Here's a link to some pictures I took on Galaxy, the first couple of which are of the cabin:

http://www.*****/travelpage/aspgallery/view_ad.asp?Ad_ID=2512

I have to add that our cabins were not near the elevators so I can't answer that point.

Tom in UK - thanks for posting those pictures. It reminds me of how much I loved Galaxy. From the pictures of the cabin I can say from first hand experience that 8007 is much larger than that cabin. For us deck 8 was wonderful. I loved the location. Since we were in the very front of the ship in cabin 8007 there was very little noise, actually none at all. When I first booked the cabin I was afraid that being above the show lounge would make it noise, than I realized it was in the back if not past it altogether.

I also think the op will find that on Galaxy the guests are a bit "quieter" than Rccl guests, and the pace is a bit slower. (Just my style)

I liked this cabin so much I booked it again for our upcoming Feb 08 cruise. This time my sister and her husband decided to join us and we can't wait!

Good luck

I was incorrect about our cabin number, it was 9005 not 8007.

Here are a couple of pictures showing the size of 9005. The first door to the right of the dressing table is to the walk in closet, the other is to the bathroom. The entry door to the cabin is further around to the right.

2075219860101254243S600x600Q85.jpg

2766569950101254243S600x600Q85.jpg

We had a large outsie view on the 7th floor. Can't remember the number, sorry. It was about 4 or 5 cabins from the elevator and near the steward "office work" area. It was extremely quiet. Don't think you'd be disappointed.

Hello. My sister and I are looking at booking an outside cabin on Galaxy for a cruise in April. I can't decide what deck is the best one to be on. Does anyone have any advice on which deck would have the least amount of noise? Also is there much difference between the standard outside and superior outside cabins? The only difference as far as I can tell is that the superior rooms have a VCR and are on decks 8 or 9. Does that mean that Galaxy has some sort of video library? Also, are the rooms by the elevators extra noisey at all? They seem to be the only ones available on deck 8. Sorry for all of the questions. I travelled on RCCL only a couple of months ago and loved it so am hoping this cruise will be just good. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

My DW & I are booked in cabin 9195 deluxe ocean view(cat# 4) on the Merc for a trip to Hawaii in Nov 2008. Any comments on that cabin?:confused: Sounds & looks good to me but then what do i know:eek:?

We were in cabins 8221 and 8223, which are somewhat near the aft elevators. They are not right *there*, but you get off the elevators, go down the hallway, and we are the cabins immediately after you turn down the hallway (so not out in the open, facing the lobby area of the elevators, but somewhat close). Anyway, we were not bothered by any noise from the elevator at all.

And yes, the Galaxy does have a video library, although the selection is quite limited. I recommend that you visit the guest relations desk the first day and ask to check out some movies. They will give you a list and you can select as many as you want and then keep them for the entire length of the cruise. We selected three Disney movies for the girls and kept them the entire time with no problems.

We enjoyed the location near the elevators for its convenience, and really liked being on Deck 8. Very quiet deck, with very little "through" traffic, as most people only walked past our cabins if they were on their way to their own cabins.

Linda

Thanks for all the help and advice. The cabins look great in the photos. I ended up choosing cabin 9067 which is close to the lifts but hopefully not too close. There wasn't actually all that much choice left according to the people at Celebrity so hopefully this cabin will be ok. If anyone has any other information about the quietness or location of this cabin I would appreciate it. Thanks again.

Rachelle

Archived