Family friendly excursion EOS St Thomas, Casa de Campo, San Juan

mikemcf31

Hi, My wife and I are cruising EOS in Nivember with our 2 children, ages 5 and 11. We have been researching excursions and and need advice for Casa de Campo (seems like a lousy port and may opt for Bayahibe Beach but it seems very expensive for what you get), St Thomas and San Juan. Since the children are small I think we have to exclude any strenuous activities (snorkeling, horseback riding etc). Any suggestions or reports on prior experiences are greatly appreciated. thanks!

Hello - we are sailing in less then 2 weeks!! :D We have booked the cave and shopping tour in Caso De Campo. Your 11 yr old may like that - would your 5 year old be scared though?? Although I have been to St. Thomas and San Juan once before - not with children so I really can't say too much. What about Coral World in St. Thomas? That sounds fun! Good luck! :)

Megan's Bay is very easy to do on your own and is a great beach for kids.

In San Juan, I would just grab a taxi and go up to El Morro. I bet the kids would love walking around the fort. There is also a great open area in front where people fly kites. That might be something they would enjoy also. I bet there is somewhere around there to buy a kite, or you could bring some from home if you wanted to. You can easily walk your way back down to the pier, or take a taxi or the free bus if you wanted to.

Have a great cruise!

We were in St Thomas last month and did a tour with Sunny Liston tours. It was the best money spent by far. You get a choice of 1, 2 or 3 hours of shopping, then a tour of the Island, and time at the beach all for 1 price of $25.00 pp. Sunny had everyone singing and clapping. He has brightly colored trucks and they are well kept. After the cruise I went to his web site and left feedback...all good btw. Just do a google to find him. He is not affilated with RCCL but we were met at the ship and cared for completely. Can't miss with Sunny!:D

Archived