Milford Sound...Is the ship's overnight tour worth $799.00pp?

Beejer

Our travel information from HAL indicates that we will not be able to disembark in Milford Sound unless we take the $799.00 overnight tour that ultimately concludes in Dunedin.

What was your experience with this tour? Is the alternative of staying on the ship and touring Fiordlands the next day as good as the overnight tour?

Thanks.

Our travel information from HAL indicates that we will not be able to disembark in Milford Sound unless we take the $799.00 overnight tour that ultimately concludes in Dunedin.

What was your experience with this tour? Is the alternative of staying on the ship and touring Fiordlands the next day as good as the overnight tour?

Thanks.

If you depart from Sydney, you will be in Milford Sound early in the morning. The people that took the excursion debarked the ship, missed a lot of Milford as they had to gather in a lounge early, and left Milford.

They did not see much of the sound and missed all the other sounds we cruised the rest of the day. The purpose of the excursion is to see Queenstown.

Most that did the excursion that we talked to were disappointed in what they missed.

We stayed on the ship and then flew to Queenstown for a post stay. I would recommend that if you have the time.

I agree with roberts2005 on this one. I would rather spend the $1600 on airfares to come back and make it a decent land tour.

I have lived here 40+ years have never had the opportunity to see the fjords like you will from the ship.

my 3 cents

:)

What was your experience with this tour? Is the alternative of staying on the ship and touring Fiordlands the next day as good as the overnight tour? Thanks.

The folks we talked with that took it enjoyed it......but..... I do not understand the logic of paying $800USD to skip something you already paid for (3 days on the ship). :confused: :confused:

We spent five days in NZ post cruise for that price.... plus we got the three days on the ship that we had paid for.

Archived