Two Freedom Questions...

bobo5551

Hi all. DH and I are booked on Freedom Dec. 9th. We've booked an inside gty (it was a HUGE debate: go cheap or get a balcony). Cheap won (for now). My first question is how likely it is that we'll be able to upgrade at the pier.

Second question- we`re from the Great White North, so I have no idea as to when US schools get out for Christmas break. Will this cruise have TONS of kiddies (not a prob, just wanting to mentally plan...)

Thanks for the info- these boards are SO helpful!!

The first two weeks in Dec. are USually slow periods and USually not too many kids. As for upgrades....who knows. If they are not TOO full the chances are soso to good. If, close to sold out...forget it! Also, your rank...gold, plat., diamond has a lot to do with upgrades...free upgrades that is... You can most always pay to upgrade!

Just off the Freedom today. There were 500 kids on this cruise. No problem. You see them around but the ship is just so big. Also, upgrades at the dock are probably not good. This ship sells out most of the time. There were over a thousand people from foreign countries. We did an inside room and believe me that is all you need. Plenty of room and storage. We were in our rooms to sleep. That is about all. There is so very much to see and do. I went to 4 movies on sea days. I know you will not regret saving the $$ to spent elsewhere.

Hi all. DH and I are booked on Freedom Dec. 9th. We've booked an inside gty (it was a HUGE debate: go cheap or get a balcony). Cheap won (for now). My first question is how likely it is that we'll be able to upgrade at the pier.

Second question- we`re from the Great White North, so I have no idea as to when US schools get out for Christmas break. Will this cruise have TONS of kiddies (not a prob, just wanting to mentally plan...)

Thanks for the info- these boards are SO helpful!!

Just a guess, but I think you are more likely to be upgraded out of your category before you sail, as they can continue to sell the cheaper cabins by moving you up.

As for Christmas break, US schools generally break later in December. This year, with Christmas falling early in the week, most schools will probably go through 12/21 or so and break from that weekend through New Year's Day.

~ Peri

the kiddie crowd shouldnt be too much of an issue at that times...there were a lot of kids on the cruise we went on in May on Liberty and we didnt really notice it...there's so much to do that you dont really ever get a surrounded by kids feeling...the upgrade is always possible, the slower the time of the year the better the chance

Archived