Costa Med Balconies

Dianecruises

Can anyone tell me whether or not the balconies on the Med are covered? I cannot seem to find clear deck plans. Any URL's or pics would be hlepful. Thinking about a Feb. 08 cruise.

Hi Dion,

I am thinking of cruising the ship as well. Some of the balconies are bigger than others and some are obstructed. I'd like to find out which ones are bigger and unobstructed. :D

When you look at deckplans of the Costa Mediterranea you will notice that the ship will "slim" and "widen" several times throughout the length. Therefore you'll find different locations and sizes of balconies, also depending on what cabin category you are booked in.

Category 6, 7 & 8:

Thesea are standard Verandah Staterooms located troughout the ship on Decks 4 thru 8. All VERANDAH staterooms on Deck 4 are unobstructed, unlike the oceanview cabins on the same deck. You'll have approx. 40 sqft. of balcony space.

Category 9, 10 & 11:

Cabins in category 9 and 10 feature a 50% larger balcony compared to the ones in category 6, 7 and 8. Category 9 cabins are located on Deck 5 (forward) and on Deck 6 (towards aft). Category 10 cabins are located on Deck 7 (midship) and on Deck 8 (towards aft). Category 11 feature even larger balconies (approx. 70 sqft.) and are located on Decks 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 and face directly to the rear (great views!). There are also six "odd" Category 11 cabins located towards the aft right next to the rear elevator shaft (Cabin #'s 6279, 6281, 7293, 7295, 8235 and 8237).

Suites:

All Suites are tucked towards the aft of the ship. There are two versions of suites, either a 272 sqft. Suite with 80 sqft. of Verandah or a 360 sqft. Suite with 40 sqft. of Verandah. They are both running under the cabin category "S".

Panorama Suites:

All Panorama Suites are located on Deck 6 (midhsip) with two exceptions: There are only two Panorama Suites located on the aft corners on Deck 5 (Cabin # 5266 & 5295). These two cabins have a HUGE rear-corner balcony. The midship PS is 270 sqft. in size with a 90 sqft. verandah, whereas the aft PS is the same size, but has a whopping 277 sqft. verandah! We cruised in 5266 before and the cabin is absolutely stunning!

Grand Suites:

There are a total of 14 Grand Suites on the Mediterranea. Six of them are located mid-ship on Deck 7 and feature 372 sqft. with a 118 sqft. verandah. The other GS are located on the aft-corners of the ship on Decks 4, 6, 7 and 8 and have 367 sqft. with a huge 282 sqft. of verandah. You can't super-size that any more.

HINT:

Be careful when you book a Verandah Category 6 stateroom. On Deck 5, all Cat 6 staterooms have PARTIALLY OBSTRUCTED view due to the location of lifeboats...

Hope that helps!

Andy

No problem... any time! That's why we are all here for, right? ;-)

Just be aware that the cabin configurations (especially the aft) is different on the Fortuna/Magica. I'm just mentioning that in case you should decide on a different itinerary.

Andy

mringenoldus:

You'll love those cabins... you can't beat the view and the balcony (you can have a wonderful dinner or breakfast there or even have your friends over... plenty of room for everything!). The cabin is a bit odd shaped as it is not square. It's cozy and comfy and the jacuzzi tub is truly an added bonus.

Here are three pictures from our of stateroom 5266 on the Mediterranea...

Have a wonderful stay in this cabin and enjoy!

Andy

758656327_Cabin5266-Main1.jpg.b437e1ee8448b136458d978c0499c292.jpg

1415340867_Cabin5266-Foyer.jpg.54618d060e9f047f1ac0492d25892b63.jpg

1331301686_Cabin5266-Balcony.jpg.6dc9eddf8c88ae4b1012f4536ce022c4.jpg

No problem! Let me know if I can help with any other information you might need...

Cabin 5295 is the exact layout, just "mirrored".

Oh... BTW: Each of those cabins come with a dinner for two at the Club Restaurant... don't miss out on this one - it's fantastic and well worth going (especially as it is already included!). Just let your butler know when you'd like to go and he'll make the reservation for you... that's one of the nice perks of cruising in a Suite category!!! :-)

Andy

I once stayed in a grand suite, mid-ship. The suite is double the size of a standard cabin, and the balcony twice the size of a standard balcony, about 20 feet by 5 feet, with 2 beach loungers and 2 deck chairs. Very spacious with unobstructed view.

The suite also comes with free dinner for two in the club restaurant.

I came very close to booking on Mediterranea this upcoming December, but decided I preferred the itinerary on Carnival Miracle's Eastern Caribbean a little better.

Turns out Med is in the Spirit Class as is the Miracle!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_Class

There is a thread on the Carnival board entitled "all things Miracle" that has links to various cruise reviews and pictures, with several cabin and balcony photos. You might want to check out that thread (at least some of the first pages; it wanders off topic a lot).

I'll have my 1st-ever balcony on deck 7 (Verandah), in an extended balcony. Can't wait.

Still hope to try Costa in the not-too-distant future!

Archived