Mitch Albom on (Princess?) Cruising

Nitemare

He either stole this from someone else or someone else stole it from him - I recall reading this exact analogy, maybe on this board, in the last two weeks?? Anybody else remember this??
Dave Barry did a similar column within the last year. I think Dave took a shorter cruise out of Florida (he is where he resides).

That's a whole lot nicer then what he had to say about it on his radio show. I live in Michigan and think he is the biggest jerk alive. But because I listen to other thinks on the station he is on going to work I just leave the station on and listen to him on the way home.

One time I was at a charity event he was the MC at. It was a formal event he got there in torn jeans and the ticket taker wouldn't let him in he told the guy his wife was bringing his tux to change into there but he still wouldn't let him in so he began yelling at the top of his lungs don't you know who I am!

Wow, I too am a big fan of Mitch's writting. I am also a native Detroiter so I do try to read him often and I listen to the station while I am in town. This is a little on the gruff side, but this guy is without question a type A plus personality and probably just isn't cut out to relax on a cruise ship. I have mixed emotions about the article, I would like to see our beloved cruise in a better light but as Amy said maybe people will read it and decide to go elsewhere.

I wrote to him via e-mail after readinh his book and got a reply back the next day. If from him or an assistent I don't know but it was unexpected. If you have something to say about this and want to address it to him, I bet you would get a response.

And yes, it was Dave Berry who wrote the other article about the cruise.

The only people he’s fooling are those who don’t know a thing about cruising – or those who have the same pre-conceived notions. There's a travel writer in the San Francisco Chronicle who thinks of himself as a satirist and he does the same thing with his articles about cruising. The bad thing about these types of articles is that those who read them and who are unaware are adversely affected…thinking a cruise to be K-Mart at sea. Creamed corn? Wait, now that I think about it…

Archived