Chocolate Cruise Ship Favors

J's Gal

OK, I need some advice. We were planning on making the chocolate cruise ships as our wedding favors. I remember reading somewhere on this board that only commercially packaged food would be allowed on board. So, my question is do you think we could get on board with the chocolate cruise ships in cellophane tied with ribbon? :confused:

OK' date=' I need some advice. We were planning on making the chocolate cruise ships as our wedding favors. I remember reading somewhere on this board that only commercially packaged food would be allowed on board. So, my question is do you think we could get on board with the chocolate cruise ships in cellophane tied with ribbon? :confused:[/quote']

Yes, I do!

I hand carried a spiked watermelon onto our last cruise...went thru security and everything! They saw it and didn't even bat an eye at me!

I think if you ask RR/TWE they are going to say "absolutely not, never, not in a million years, but why not purchase some of the favors that we have available?"

If anything, treat them as if you were smuggling alcohol and just pack them into a (few) shoe boxes and put those shoe boxes into your checked luggage and give your checked luggage to the porter at the pier.

In my 9 cruises I have always smuggled booze on board in my checked luggage and have never heard a word about it - but was plenty liquored up during the cruise!

Shoot, for my wedding cruise I hand carried a dozen roses thru security and a few boxes full of wedding stuff, complete with scissors!

Happy Sailing!

I was married last Sunday aboard the Carnival Legend and gave out the exact same favor - chocolate cruise ships wrapped in cellophane and tied with ribbon. You will be glad to know I had no problems whatsoever bringing them on board. Be aware that if you call the Carnival Weddings department and ask this question you will probably get different answers, depending on who you speak with. I asked my coordinator (who seemed to be very much a rookie) this question and was told no food items whatsoever allowed on board. I didn't have confidence she was giving me accurate information so I called Carnival Weddings back and asked to speak with a more experienced coordinator. That coordinator told me the chocolate favors could be brought on board provided they were wrapped and packaged in a box when brought on board. My chocolate cruise ships were individually wrapped in cellophane and tied with ribbon. I packed them up in a playmate cooler and brought them aboard with no problems. My guests loved them too!

p.s. I purchased my chocolates on ebay from the seller Lindas Chocolates. They were something like $2.50 each and were quite large (about the size of a Snickers bar) and delicious too.

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the advice. We are actually making our own. We purchased the mold and have experimented with milk and white chocolate and peanut butter. I really did not want to go with anything else. Looks like we will proceed with our delicious little cruise ships. Thanks ladies!:D

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the advice. We are actually making our own. We purchased the mold and have experimented with milk and white chocolate and peanut butter. I really did not want to go with anything else. Looks like we will proceed with our delicious little cruise ships. Thanks ladies!:D

MMMMMMMMMmmmmm, can i come?!

Archived