Weather in Mexico - Aug/Sep

mdmourges

I know it is the rainy season, but that is true of the Caribbean at the same time and have been there in Aug and it wasn't too bad. Anyone care to comment on the weather at that time of year on the West coast of Mexico (Puerto Vallarta, etc.)? Temp, when it rains how long does it rain, any sunshiny days? Those kinds of things. Thanks.

Mark

I was just in PV this last August and we had great weather. I was concerened about the weather too but was pleasantly surprised. We loved it so much we may go done next year for SUMMER holidays intead of our typical BC holiday! A typical day was very warm and humid but not unbearable by any means, we liked to stay by the water. Around 30 celcius. The humidity made it a bit muggy but not anything like the summer we spent in Florida. It can be overcast for an hour or so but the majority of the days were sunny. 90% of the days it rained late afternoon for a bit like the carib. and then cleared. The real rain came at night... we had some SPECTACULAR lightning shows nothing like I have ever seen before just magical! We could sit on our balcony and watch over the bay for hours. It was a wonderful time to experience PV. The ocean was like a bath tub with gentle calm waves instead of the stronger winter or spring ones. The ocean was actually warmer then the pool! Have a great time!!:D

Archived