Port of Miami best car rental drop off

snowmo

I am flying into FLL on a Saturday for a POM Sunday Departure. I am going to rent a vehicle from FLL and want to drop it off down by the Miami Port. Which rental agency has the closest/easiest drop off. Thanks in advance.

Avis has a location just minutes from the port, no shuttle but it's a quick cab ride for less then $10:

AVIS Downtown Miami - M6I

99 Southeast 2nd Street,

(at Southeast 1st Avenue),

Miami, FL 33131

305-379-1317

Sun 08:00AM-01:00PM;

Mon-Fri 08:00AM-06:00PM;

Sat 08:00AM-04:00PM

//////////////

I am flying into FLL on a Saturday for a POM Sunday Departure. I am going to rent a vehicle from FLL and want to drop it off down by the Miami Port. Which rental agency has the closest/easiest drop off. Thanks in advance.

We just booked with Thrifty. There is no drop off fee to pick up at FLL and drop off at MIA. They said to take the car the next day to the MIA and take their free shuttle to the pier.

We just booked with Thrifty. There is no drop off fee to pick up at FLL and drop off at MIA. They said to take the car the next day to the MIA and take their free shuttle to the pier.

We are doing the same.. Picking up from Thrifty FLL and returning to MIA and taking free shuttle to port.. the only thing we need now is transportation from Port back to FLL.. Any advise greatly appreciated:)

You can always take the ships transfers back to FLL for only $20/p.p. That is the quote I received from NCL. I just can't believe that Thirfty will take you to the port of Miami from MIA for free. I will call and confirm that.

If you are dropping anywhere other than an airport location, check and make sure the location is open on the weekends.

We were going to book with Enterprise and return to the Hyatt and take a cab, but they clsed the Hyatt office at 2:00 on Sat and all day SUnday so we couldn't use them.

If I recall correctly Hertz has an office that is less than 5 minutes from the Miami cruise terminals. They run a shuttle and are open when the ships are arriving and departing.

A good idea I picked up on this board is to drop your party and luggage off at the cruise terminal before returning the car to the rental office. Many of the rental offices use vans with fairly limited luggage capacity. Also, if the check-in line is long and/or slow, your group can get pretty close to the counter by the time you return.

You can always take the ships transfers back to FLL for only $20/p.p. That is the quote I received from NCL. I just can't believe that Thirfty will take you to the port of Miami from MIA for free. I will call and confirm that.

Thanks, Carnival quote for transfers was 30pp but I still think cheaper than most transportation companies but are these shuttles or private transportation?

I was very skeptical of thrifty as well, But I have checked several times with deifferent reps to ensure. :D

I just utilized the Hertz Miami Downtown HLE location. It was very user friendly to drop a vehicle there. They are less than a five minute drive to the port. I dropped everyone in our party at the port and then returned the vehicle. They didn't even pull the shuttle van out and used the vehicle I just rented to drive me to the port. The shuttle back to the location was a different story. They claim to run the shuttle every half hour, but on a Saturday after a cruise, I waited 45 minutes with no shuttle (the shuttle passed by about 10 minutes after I caught the cab). I then took a cab from port to the downtown location and was not nice about it. They did reimburse me for the cab fare back to the location. They should know the cruise schedule and as long as you have a reservation and indicate the ship name in the reservation information, you'll have a vehicle waiting there.

Does anyone know how much a van or large car would run that would hold 5 people (plus luggage)? Would it be easier to rent a car/van and more economical than trying to take a shuttle or get a pick-up company?

Archived