Tahitian Princess Oct1-11th

dqualude

I loved my trip. Tahiti was beautiful even though my first experience with Air Tahiti Nui standing in line listening to customers screaming cuss words because they had been cancelled flights the day before. My flight at 1pm on the 1st went, the 3pm did not. It went out the next day. On the 11th Air Tahiti went on strike but Princess was then to get a charter to get us all home however at 10pm behold Air Tahiti showed up and flew us all :p it was the most exciting beautiful cruise ever and the excursions were out of this world. My advise book Princess travel!!!!!

We always book Princess air and haven't been disappointed yet. This is just another reason why we chose to do things through the cruiseline.

Glad you ad a great cruise. We sure enjoyed our time in the islands and can't wait to get back there.

Cheers!

Charlie

I loved my trip. Tahiti was beautiful even though my first experience with Air Tahiti Nui standing in line listening to customers screaming cuss words because they had been cancelled flights the day before. My flight at 1pm on the 1st went, the 3pm did not. It went out the next day. On the 11th Air Tahiti went on strike but Princess was then to get a charter to get us all home however at 10pm behold Air Tahiti showed up and flew us all :p it was the most exciting beautiful cruise ever and the excursions were out of this world. My advise book Princess travel!!!!!

We are thinking of switching from our May RCCL Hawaiian/Vancouver cruise over to Princess Tahiti/Hawaii cruise--mainly b/c we like the warm weather vs the cold of Vancouver! Does this cruise have many onboard activities? Would you recommend a balcony cabin? Have you ever cruised RCCL before and if so how do the 2 compare? Thanks for any help!

We are thinking of switching from our May RCCL Hawaiian/Vancouver cruise over to Princess Tahiti/Hawaii cruise--mainly b/c we like the warm weather vs the cold of Vancouver! Does this cruise have many onboard activities? Would you recommend a balcony cabin? Have you ever cruised RCCL before and if so how do the 2 compare? Thanks for any help!

We were on the TP sailing from Hawaii to Tahiti just prior to the one discussed in this post. Here is my review of that cruise http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=33283

Since this ship is relatively small, you will not have as many activities as you would on RCCL or a larger Princess ship. I would definitely recommend a balcony cabin for this or any cruise. IMO a balcony really adds to the overall cruise experience. We haven't been on RCCL for many years so would not want to compare them with Princess. It is my understanding that the two compare closely and it is more a matter of the itinerary that should be the determining factor.

We were on the TP sailing from Hawaii to Tahiti just prior to the one discussed in this post. Here is my review of that cruise http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=33283

Thanks for the great review! I think we will switch to Princess and give it a try. I agree about the balcony - we usually have aft on RCCL and love it. What is there to do at Christmas Island? We had never heard of this and looked it up online. It seems like a cute place.

There really isn't much to do on Christmas Island. I looked at this stop as a way to break up many days at sea. The island is very poor. My wife and I bought several attractive craft items from the venders set up along the shore.

We've been looking at the excursions on this trip. Are there any good beaches at any of the ports? We didn't see any beach type excursions offered.

We were on the Sept. 21 cruise and were set to go home on October 2. When we got to the airport we were told the flight was delayed 2 hrs. due to maintence problems. Instead of leaving 10 PM we left midnight, which made us late for all of our other connects at LAX We were told by TNA to go to there counter when we arrived in LAX and they would handle rescheduling of our connections. At LAX, and waiting in line for half an hour we were told by a very rude counter person with TNA by the name of Aliance that it was not their problem to get us connecting flights that it was American Airlines problem. We went to AA and waited again half and hour or more in line and were told by them that it wasn't there problem either it was TNA problem because we were delayed. Once again back to TNA line for a a half hour, to be told by same rude counter person the same answer. I asked to see a supervisor and was told she would tell you the same and supposedly went to get her. She never made an appearance after 45 mins. we left. Here we are in limbo by both airlines. We went to the info desk as the airport and they were very help full and got a supervisor on the phone, who told us that it was TNA responsibility to get us to LAX and AA to book there after. Once again back to AA ticket counter, another half hour in line and we asked to see a supervisor. We were going back and forth from 11AM and now it is 3PM. According to the supervisor at AA the only flight she could get connections for LAX to IAH was 12:30 AM. I asked about stand by or another airline and she said that was the only thing left and we coud take it or wait to the next day. Thanks to TNA we spent over 12 hrs. in the airport in LAX. I assume unknowing to us all,they were going on strike and couldn't care less about the customers. I will never fly TNA again or American Airlines.

There were others also left behind they just got fed up with going back and forth and just paid for another ticket on other airlines for fear they were going to be stranded.

We were on the Sept. 21 cruise and were set to go home on October 2. When we got to the airport we were told the flight was delayed 2 hrs. due to maintence problems. Instead of leaving 10 PM we left midnight, which made us late for all of our other connects at LAX We were told by TNA to go to there counter when we arrived in LAX and they would handle rescheduling of our connections. At LAX, and waiting in line for half an hour we were told by a very rude counter person with TNA by the name of Aliance that it was not their problem to get us connecting flights that it was American Airlines problem. We went to AA and waited again half and hour or more in line and were told by them that it wasn't there problem either it was TNA problem because we were delayed. Once again back to TNA line for a a half hour, to be told by same rude counter person the same answer. I asked to see a supervisor and was told she would tell you the same and supposedly went to get her. She never made an appearance after 45 mins. we left. Here we are in limbo by both airlines. We went to the info desk as the airport and they were very help full and got a supervisor on the phone, who told us that it was TNA responsibility to get us to LAX and AA to book there after. Once again back to AA ticket counter, another half hour in line and we asked to see a supervisor. We were going back and forth from 11AM and now it is 3PM. According to the supervisor at AA the only flight she could get connections for LAX to IAH was 12:30 AM. Thanks to TNA we spent over 12 hrs. in the airport in LAX. I assume unknowing to us all they were going on strike and could care less about the customers. I will never fly TNA again.

There were others also left behind they just got fed up with going back and forth and just paid for another ticket on other airlines for fear they were going to be stranded.

We were on the Sept. 21 cruise and were set to go home on October 2. When we got to the airport we were told the flight was delayed 2 hrs. due to maintence problems. Instead of leaving 10 PM we left midnight, which made us late for all of our other connects at LAX We were told by TNA to go to there counter when we arrived in LAX and they would handle rescheduling of our connections. At LAX, and waiting in line for half an hour we were told by a very rude counter person with TNA by the name of Aliance that it was not their problem to get us connecting flights that it was American Airlines problem. We went to AA and waited again half and hour or more in line and were told by them that it wasn't there problem either it was TNA problem because we were delayed. Once again back to TNA line for a a half hour, to be told by same rude counter person the same answer. I asked to see a supervisor and was told she would tell you the same and supposedly went to get her. She never made an appearance after 45 mins. we left. Here we are in limbo by both airlines. We went to the info desk as the airport and they were very help full and got a supervisor on the phone, who told us that it was TNA responsibility to get us to LAX and AA to book there after. Once again back to AA ticket counter, another half hour in line and we asked to see a supervisor. We were going back and forth from 11AM and now it is 3PM. According to the supervisor at AA the only flight she could get connections for LAX to IAH was 12:30 AM. Thanks to TNA we spent over 12 hrs. in the airport in LAX. I assume unknowing to us all they were going on strike and could care less about the customers. I will never fly TNA again.

Thanks for the great review! I think we will switch to Princess and give it a try. I agree about the balcony - we usually have aft on RCCL and love it. What is there to do at Christmas Island? We had never heard of this and looked it up online. It seems like a cute place.

When we were on Christmas island last month , several enterprising locals offered motor tours of the island for just $10 . These are on truck-like vehicles with benches , cushions , and shade roofs . Actually a lot of fun !

Archived