Must see or things to do in Nice

I will be on a 12 night mediterranean cruise in 2 weeks. Nice is one of the stops and I was curious what people have done there that was great. This is my honeymoon and my wife and I both enjoy walking, historical sites, nice scenery, etc. Any suggestions on things to do or see would be a big help. Also any private tour companies that anyone can recommend (websites, contact info., etc.) would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME VISITING CHEZ THERESA IN THE COURS SALEYA FOR SOCCA. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME THAT WAS (yes I'm shouting)!

Although her Socca is hugely popular with the locals, it takes forever for the arrival of a quantity sufficient to serve the perpetually long queue. Plus the payoff taste-wise (IMHO) is simply not worthwhile.

Of course, if you happen to show up on the rare occassion that there isn't a queue. Then you might as well go for it, just to say that you have.

Nice is beautiful-a few weeks ago we took a ship's tour there from cannes & spent time in the market--nice soaps, flowers, lavander..cute cafes. A few historic bldgs around, a nice park with a merry go round & a lovely seaside promenade where artists paint--very romantic town! Enjoy....

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your Socca. I remember how much you were looking forward to it. Hope you enjoyed the rest of what Nice has to offer - we loved our visits there.

LOL! Well perhaps I went a bit overboard with my criticism of the experience. It just took forever for enough of the Socca "rounds" to come so that we could make our way to the front of the queue. Like an hour.

But, yes, we had a wonderful time in Cannes and Nice. Actually all the French ports were glorious. But then I'm a total Francophile, so I'd be biased.

Someday, when the $ is stronger again (if that time EVER comes), we'll rent a villa and do a proper vacation in the south of France.

Archived