Pearl Cabin Question

angelface0113

My DH, DM, and I are looking to book a cruise for January 20th on the Pearl. I have heard many good things about this ship. We usually cruise Carnival so this will be a new experience for us. My TA is telling me not to book category G or F (oceanviews) G is obstructed views and F has very little portholes. Has anyone ever sailed in these categories before? Were the port holes very tiny in the F category. There is about $50 difference so I was wondering if it was worth the extra money or should I save it for the bar!! ;o)

I can't really speak for the Pearl because I've never sailed on her, but I had an obstructed view cabin on the Sun and it was a nightmare. The "view" was of the running track that circled right outside our room. Wouldn't recommend that to anyone. And as for the porthole, I also can't speak for the Pearl but had one on the Dawn, and while it wasn't teensy tiny, I definitely prefer the picture window. Hope that helps. :)

If you really want to save your money, book and inside cabin. Most of the time, there is little to see out the window, and the cabins are the same size between inside and outside.

We got a free upgrade to an outside cabin once when we booked a GTY inside cabin - it was nice but I would not pay extra for a window. A balcony, yes, but not a window.

But that's just me, and if a window is important to you, ask if a larger window is important. If so, don't get the porthole. As for the obstructed view, the obstruction is usually a lifeboat, so you can get plenty of natural light (if that is what you want) but not necessarily will see all the way out to see (where there is nothing to see but sea.) :D

The obstructed view on the Pearl won't have the jogging track outside your room. The obstructed views are on deck 8, and the promenade deck is on deck 7. The "jogging track" technically is up on one of the pool decks -- I forget if it's 13 or 14.

Here's a link to a photo of one of the Jewel's porthole cabins (not my photo). I think the Pearl's would be about the same.1526025404083093578S500x500Q85.jpg

Archived