nice restaurant

jeff1948

Personally I would give Harvey's place a little time since they are brand new and still experimenting with their menu.

I had one of my best meals ever tonight at Antonia's. It was a mahi mahi, crab, and shrimp dish to die for.

http://www.antoniaskeywest.com/ You can check out their menu and they always have about 10-12 daily specials. It is one of KW's nicest and most romantic restaurants.

You can dress casual at any restaurant in Key West, and while Louie's Backyard might have a view they have way too much attitude in the evenings to have an enjoyable meal.

Mike

I also was going to mention Louie's Backyard. I love the view. We have eaten there only at lunch, and I felt the service was excellent.

Another very nice resturant and one of my favorites is La Trattoria on the corner of Duval and Appelrouth. We love to sit at a table in one of the two bay windows with lace curtains. La Trattoria has a huge selection of martinis. They have the best chocolate martini I have ever had. They do not open until five thirty.

Michael's is said to be one of Key West's best. We haven't been yet, but we walked by one night and it looked so nice inside. The menu which was posted at the door was fabulous but pricey.

My son who flies to Key West on business several times a year has eaten at night at Sunset Key, a Westin property. You have to take a free boat out to this island. You eat by the water. My son said it was very romantic. You can arrange to ride the boat by asking at the Westin Hotel reception desk. You can eat breakfast and lunch there too.

As an aside, a restaurant that receives high honors regularly in Travel and Leisure magazine is the one at Little Palm Island. You must take a ferry out there, plus travel up to the ferry ladning. Seems like it is at least a forty minute ride to the landing...maybe more. You nedd to watch carefully for the ferry landing sign. It is a gold anchor on a rectangular brwon sign that says ferry to Little Palm Island. It is very easy to miss.

Michael's is said to be one of Key West's best. We haven't been yet, but we walked by one night and it looked so nice inside. The menu which was posted at the door was fabulous but pricey.

Michael's is my favorite. I am friends with the owners and several of the staff so I am prejudiced for sure; but it is an outstanding restaurant and only a block from my house here. May favorite dishes are the Grouper Oscar and the Seafood Crepes (an appetizer that they are happy to make into a dinner size serving upon request)

bon appetit

Mike:)

Some other nice places with a water view are A&B Lobster House and Commodore Steakhouse. Both are located just a block from Duval. I have had great meals at both places. I totally agree with the Cafe Sole'(excellent hogfish!!!) and Micheals(dont pass up their signature chocolate dessert!!) recommendations also. Another great place...although a bit hard to find...is Seven Fish. It is on Olivia Street about 3 blocks east of Duval. If you want to spend a little money but have dinner right on the beach there is Latitudes on Sunset Key, just off end of Duval Street. Enjoy.

I'd suggest the Rooftop CafePjk

Just fyi I was invited to the Rooftop Cafe for dinner tonight (after not having been there for over 6 years) and the GM Bryan made sure that we had an over the top evening.

I can't say enough about the quality of food and service by our waiter Bryan.

Mike:)

Archived