carnival site & excursions..........what gives?

bubbles1209

Was looking at the shore excursions for our Feb. trip. St. Maarten, ok, plenty there to choose from, next stop, St.Kitts, only 1 listed, next stop, St.Lucia, none listed. Checked our upcoming June 08 cruise shore excursions, plenty listed for all ports. :confused: What gives?:confused:

Same thing here. We are going in March and our first stop San Juan has no excursions listed, our second St. Thomas has one expensive golf excursion, the third Antigua has only one that is another expensive gold excursion, nothing for the next port Tortola, but the last one Nassau has like 10 choices. Not sure what is going on. :(

So they were able to go ahead and negotiate June's prices before February's?:confused:

St Kitts and St Lucia are newer ports for Carnival. What are your June ports? Even on the Carnival page is says that most excursions wont show up until 120 days prior to your cruise. Im sure you will see them within the next month or so.

St Kitts and St Lucia are newer ports for Carnival. What are your June ports? Even on the Carnival page is says that most excursions wont show up until 120 days prior to your cruise. Im sure you will see them within the next month or so.

In June we're going to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios. I hope we do see the other's before too long, DH's wanting to know what we're gonna do, and there's nothing to look at yet.:rolleyes: :)

In June we're going to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios. I hope we do see the other's before too long, DH's wanting to know what we're gonna do, and there's nothing to look at yet.:rolleyes: :)

I dont book Cruiseline excursions, but while you cant see prices, you can look at whats available. Ziplining is popular in SLU.

SLU

http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursionsSearchResults.aspx?region=CS&portcode=SLC&portname=St.+Lucia%2c+WI

STK

http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursionsSearchResults.aspx?region=CS&portcode=STK&portname=St+Kitts%2c+WI

Sounds like fun, was looking at that for June in Cozumel, but they talk about some adventure park, and judging from the pics, you climb up a tower like you would a rock wall, and then zipline from there the way it looks, anyway. Not so much interested in that one if that's the case, but the pics I looked at under shore excursions for St.Lucia is more like what I'm looking for, trick is, we had wanted to do the whale watch tour also, if it's offered. I wonder if both are offered if there's anyway we could do both. Hmmmmmmm. Can't wait for them to open up so we can find out.:)

I am going on a family cruise on the Miracle to St. Marteen, St. Kitts, and St. Lucia - my dad got fed up with the answers the tech people were giving him so he ended up talking with the VP of the Excersions. What he found out was that they were still waiting on all the contracts to be signed and such, also some issues with getting things loaded. He even contacted the guy in charge of St. Lucia (because we were wanting the one excersion that's on there now) to find out what was going on - so I'm pretty sure the pirate extravaganza is now available because he asked about it.

Ultimeatly what's up is that they are getting the contracts finalized before they are posted. Apparently ... lol ... ppl in the caribbean have a different definition of deadlines :)

Hope this helps. If you want to hear exactly what my dad heard, go to the Roll Call for Carnival Miracle January 10th sailing ... its on page 11.

Ultimeatly what's up is that they are getting the contracts finalized before they are posted. Apparently ... lol ... ppl in the caribbean have a different definition of deadlines :)

Actually its the other way around. Carnival is always(like any large company should) trying to squeeze all the can out of the Tour Operators.

Sounds like fun, was looking at that for June in Cozumel, but they talk about some adventure park, and judging from the pics, you climb up a tower like you would a rock wall, and then zipline from there the way it looks, anyway. Not so much interested in that one if that's the case, but the pics I looked at under shore excursions for St.Lucia is more like what I'm looking for, trick is, we had wanted to do the whale watch tour also, if it's offered. I wonder if both are offered if there's anyway we could do both. Hmmmmmmm. Can't wait for them to open up so we can find out.:)

Watch watch tours are iffy, because most of the time you wont actually see a whale.

I am going in January to the St. Marteen, St. Lucia and St. Kitts. We have finally gotten our St. Marteen excursions and a few for St. Lucia but none for St. Kitts. Carnival told me they should be online by the end of October. I was also told that they are still negotiating contracts with the vendors.

My understanding is that the excursions and the prices may not be available until 120 days out of your sailing. I do not care about the prices yet as I have plenty of time, but I sure would like to see some of them. There are only 4 out of 8 ports available for my cruise.

My understanding is that the excursions and the prices may not be available until 120 days out of your sailing. I do not care about the prices yet as I have plenty of time, but I sure would like to see some of them. There are only 4 out of 8 ports available for my cruise.

I would say its going to be awhile before you see all the choices. Negotiating these contracts so that Carnival gets the best deal takes awhile.

I would say its going to be awhile before you see all the choices. Negotiating these contracts so that Carnival gets the best deal takes awhile.

And since the four that are not listed are ports that Carnival has never been to, adds to the mix. I am just so anxious to see what what we will be offered. I am most curious about London and Paris. The only thing I know is that we will be going with Carnival, no matter what.

I had the same problem for my March Bahamas cruise. I called tech support and they confirmed that they are still waiting on companies/vendors to renew their contracts. In addition they have been updating the excursions/site. For these reasons, things aren't complete, and he said they should all be up by about 120 days out. Hope that helps!

Hi Bubbles - I'm checking everyday them everyday. St Lucia has four or five as of today, but still not the whale watching. St Martin only had one, then three and and then a whole bunch a few days ago. Since we are "under 120 days"!!!!!, they should be showing up soon. I'll let you know when the whale watch shows up, it's the one were looking for too!

St. Maarten check out Lord Sheffield

http://www.stmaarten-shoretrips.com/lordsheffield/

I went on this and highly recommend it. One of the best excursions. Great food (BBQ) unlimited beer / punch but the snorkeling was average (I scuba dive). Wife and kids loved the snorkeling...

This time on St. Maarten I will just be watching the planes come in on the beach at the end of the runway....

I am going on the Miracle Jan 26th...... I hope to find something exciting in St. Kitts and St. Lucia....

I always book direct. Better value, less people, more fun....

Cheers....

Archived