Comfort Suites vs. Atlantis vs. RCI Excursion

gill_boo

OK, looking at doing the Atlantis thing while in Nassau on my cruise and I have a few questions.

1. How far is Comfort Suites from Atlantis?

2. Would a $20 difference make a big difference if it meant getting a room at Atlantis over Comfort Suites or doing the RCI excursion?

3. How do you go about booking the room at Atlantis since I want to be able to use the facilites all day? Wouldn't necessarily need the room but I don't want to get screwed by booking a room but then not being able to check in persay to use the facilities.

We did the Comfort Suites last year and it worked out great. It is a fairly short walk between the CS and the Atlantis. We actually check in beofre 9:00 a.m. and never even got a room key.. they knew what we were doing at the front desk and never questioned it.. I would highly recommend it. The Atlantis resort is beautiful and you would definitely want to have full access to it..

There's a third way - just go to Atlantis and buy a day pass for $105 / pp. It provides day long unlimited access to the Aquaventure water park and beaches. They go on sale daily at 9am. Supposedly quantities are limited.

It's not necessary the cheapest way, depending on what price you can get at Comfort, but it worked great for me.

I think the RCI excursion gets you a meal too.

We did the RCI excursion last year. Don't know how much it is now, but it was worth the cost to us- it included a harbor ride to Atlantis, tour guide to the beach, beach lounge chair, lunch, admission to Dig, and ferry back to the ship. Food is expensive at Atlantis, so we were glad lunch was included.

How close is the CS to Atlantis?

It is right next to the coral tower, as if it were on property. IT is closer than the Beach Tower to the main part of Atlantis hotel. You walk about 2 minutes to the Coral tower lobby, go through it and you are there.

http://www.skypic.com/bahamas/10-9558.jpg

here is an ariel view, it is on the far right with a white roof, across from the marina/boats you see all in a row, about midway down, L shaped.

Archived