Adjoining rooms=adjoining balconies?

Ready-Set-GO

Hi All,

If this is a repeat question - sorry. I am in the planning stages of a Med.cruise for myself and 2 friends. Initially I thought of a suite, but am wondering if adjoining rooms (2 bathrooms-beds-closets:) ) would be better.

If the separation between balconies could disappear that would mean a bigger balcony too! WooHoo

Any info on this would be terrific. Thanks

Tracy

It depends on the ship, but for the most part, there is a door in the balcony partition that can usually be locked into the open position so that people can go from one balcony to the next. The entire divider is usually not removed (depends on the line and ship) and sometimes there is a cruiseline limit as to how many balconies will be allowed to do this.

when booking 3 to 2 cabins 1 person will be paying the single supplement. Which for balconies is almost 200%. Its a good idea if you have 4 but not a good choice for 3 people. TOo expensive.

Even if you can't open the balcony, 2 rooms means 2 bathrooms!!!!! More important than a larger balcony, IMO! And remember, with the balcony divider open, there goes your privacy, as anyone on the balcony can see into your room! No more dressing with the curtains opened--why even HAVE a balcony if you can't keep the curtains opened?????

I wouldn't be concerned about having to close the curtains long enough to change. How often is that going to be? Plus the people that are in the other cabin are more likely to stay on their part of the balcony anyway. Besides it almost sounds like the OP is looking at taking the cruise with 2 other girlfriends, and usually women aren't as shy about changing with their freinds around. I mean, they pair up to go to the bathroom LOL.

Archived