Need Input--- Beach Question

birthdaysurprise

I know everyone has an opinion and I need it now. I plan on going to Marigot in the a.m. then a beach and then PBurg fro a couple hours shopping. What beach is the question. We like a nice beach and water, maybe snorkel a bit, but mainly just hang out for some sun. Which beach would you pick and why???? thanks in advance :confused:

I'd leave the snorkeling equipment on the ship. St. Martin really isn't known as being one of the best islands for snorkeling. There is some snorkeling at Orient on the Club Orient end of the beach, but I have no idea if it's even decent; Pinel Isle (you take a little ferry from the far end of Orient beach) is supposed to have some okay snorkeling, but if you read members' reviews, you'll note that most are so-so to negative for snorkeling there; I think Dawn beach has been mentioned for okay snorkeling sometimes, but don't hold me to that. Honestly, the beaches on St. Martin are, for us, perfect for renting loungers and umbrellas, relaxing, strolling, swimming, and having a few cold beverages.

Our pick, hands down: Orient beach: Long beach with soft sand, warm water for swimming (in our experience, calmest toward the Club Orient end; many places to eat, drink, and rent loungers so you can wander until you find the one that feels just right; water activities available; topless sunbathing option along the entire beach. It can get crowded if several ships are in port, but we had no trouble finding spots when arriving at 11:00 (with four ships in port that day).

beachchick

Archived