Finding an agent....

twopeas

I have decided to take a cruise next November on the QM2. I see lots of ads from agencies saying that they have SPECIAL DEALS, DISCOUNTS, ETC. Aside from personal service, do some agencies give better deals or amenities, or credits, etc. Some of the websites for agencies list prices and say they are unique to them. Is that true?

Once I used my American Express Platinum and I found shipboard credits in my stateroom when I arrived, and champagne, and a bonus of 25,000 points.

I wonder what our fellow passengers know about this.

twopeas

Remember that referrals to specific TAs is not permitted (see Community Guidelines). The advice you get from CC members will be general information and not related to a particular TA.

And, yes, different TAs offer different amenities and credits. So...check around and compare before you agree to the best deal for you.

I always decide what cruise I want before looking for prices. I then go to about 6 online TA's and get a price. Some of them advertise an Cruise Critic. The prices do vary, despite the claims in the ads.

I then call my local TA and she always matches or beats the best price.

Like Paul, I have good luck getting my local agent to match (or almost match) internet pricing, and love the extra services he provides. No gripes about trying to get me the *exact* table I want in the dining room, etc.

If you decide to go with an internet TA, make sure you're comparing apples to apples - port taxes and any other charges all inclusive.

The buzz words to look for are Cunard "Inner Circle" agency . These agents are handed out perks to pass on to customers.

Archived