Star R736 Qld review

staceymrow

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review! Sounds like you had fun. Quiet a diiferent experience than my family. I fell in love with cruising in 2005 and this time was just a blast. I really miss the ship actually and cant believe this time last week we were getting ready to hop off! Time flies. It was really lovely to meet you and youre family. Your little girl was very cute, your 15yr old is a beautiful, attractive young lady who I would be watching like a hawk also...she is stunning!

Having sailed first time out of Sydney under the Harbour bridge at night (sailaway was delayed 4 hrs) it was amazing and sailing back in under the bridge in the morning you will love the experience. Having grown up in Sydney and living in Bondi Beach I can remember being on Sydney Harbours all the time so sailing under it was something I NEVER thought I would do as some will know I had a VERY BIG FEAR of SHIPS and the SEA this is why I cruised to get over it and I have! YAY...

Enjoy your next cruise and look forward to hearing all about it! I agree about having a cruise booked to come back to as it is a great way to holiday. Even when you get Labyrinthitis like me everytime!...lol...

Yes Anissa, I think Richard is Basejump- I just kept calling them Basejump as I thought it was a funny name.Too many coctails I think!!

Liz- We let miss15 know(I would wake her ) where we were going each time we went up to grab coffee and watch us arrive, and cause we were in Australia still-we had mobile coverage so I had my phone for her to contact me if needed.But even though we left them asleep, if miss 3 woke and freaked out, she would just cry anyway- and thats loud enough to wake miss15!

And Miss minx- Iwould love those photos Thanks

Ahahahahaha - LOVE IT! Don't you just love having a big age gap sometimes! I can just imagine it - payback for all the late nights for your teen. :p

• 1 year later...
MY SUMMARY

This was my first cruise and I am definately hooked on this form of holiday. Next time I will budget abit more as we definately spent more than we thought we would.

I will book through an online T/A as although we paid ok prices, I found we could have done better.

I will also go cheapest price and not worry if we get the bofttom deck, as at no time did we feel like we were on the bottom and there wasnt much passenger movement where we were.We were very happy with our cabin.

Using the stairs all the time (well most) paid off as I only put on 1kg-and I never eat 100 times a day like I did on this trip!

Will think about doing our next cruise (villa-Noumea) on the sun without the kids- cheaper and wont take as long to save up to go!!

My goal is then take a cruise on Pacific Dawn . Leaving Sydney Harbour would be the ultimate for me as thats where I grew up and saw my first cruise ship at circular Quay and thought-yep-Il go on one of those one day!

So Ive finally done it, I am now passionate about cruising and I cant wait to go again!!!

sorry was looking at your review on the cruise we did as i have never read it, have to say very very well done as it really shows all the great things and the people you meet, i am proud to say in meeting you and your family, you helped us and hope we helped you enjoy the cruise.

Archived