Doc Dancing...but something seems a little unusual...

So, I received the documents for our Monarch 11/30/07 cruise, which is the middle cruise in our b2b2b. I thought that was perhaps slightly unusual as I would have assumed the first cruise would come first (no big deal). Even more unusual though was the fact that the docs came directly from RCI (I had the cruises transferred to our TA long ago), and they were sent to our old address. I know I've changed our address with C&A, and our TA has our new address as well. Thankfully they were still forwarded to us. :rolleyes: Is this typical for a b2b? Anyone else been getting the docs from RCI even though they had the booking transferred to a TA? I'm a lil' confused. My TA was already gone for today, so I will give her a call tomorrow.

So, I received the documents for our Monarch 11/30/07 cruise, which is the middle cruise in our b2b2b. I thought that was perhaps slightly unusual as I would have assumed the first cruise would come first (no big deal). Even more unusual though was the fact that the docs came directly from RCI (I had the cruises transferred to our TA long ago), and they were sent to our old address. I know I've changed our address with C&A, and our TA has our new address as well. Thankfully they were still forwarded to us. :rolleyes: Is this typical for a b2b? Anyone else been getting the docs from RCI even though they had the booking transferred to a TA? I'm a lil' confused. My TA was already gone for today, so I will give her a call tomorrow.

Erin - Both weeks of docs came at the same time through our TA for our cruise last February. Not sure why yours are mixed up? I wouldn't worry about it - if one week found you....the other one will too I am sure! :p

Erin - Both weeks of docs came at the same time through our TA for our cruise last February. Not sure why yours are mixed up? I wouldn't worry about it - if one week found you....the other one will too I am sure! :p

LOL Maybe cuz I'm a lil' mixed up in general. My TA had apologized last week because she is going on vacation next week, so she wouldn't be in to call me about my docs. So, I was really surprised to see them in my mailbox. I thought perhaps that was the way RCI was doing it these days.

Anyone else out there who had their booking transferred to a TA receive their docs directly from RCI the mail?

I might also add that I was a bit disappointed in the docs. They aren't those lovely ringed booklets anymore. :rolleyes:

Hmmmm....lucky me! Tornado warning coming my way. Might have to drop offline in a few minutes.

I might also add that I was a bit disappointed in the docs. They aren't those lovely ringed booklets anymore. :rolleyes:

I got mine a couple of days ago and was disappointed about the change too. I miss the cool little vellum page with the logo I normally use in my cruise scrapbook! Now I'll just do e-docs!

Hmmmm...I've also been told that when you do all of your preboarding stuff, you can select the option to have the docs sent to your house. Well, since we have a b2b2b, I have been unable to access that stuff online (RCI really can't give me an answer as to why, they just say that's the way it is), I certainly wouldn't have been able to check that box.

It's all a lil' wacky to me.

TA opens in 5 minutes! LOL

Hmmmm...I've also been told that when you do all of your preboarding stuff, you can select the option to have the docs sent to your house. Well, since we have a b2b2b, I have been unable to access that stuff online (RCI really can't give me an answer as to why, they just say that's the way it is), I certainly wouldn't have been able to check that box.

It's all a lil' wacky to me.

TA opens in 5 minutes! LOL

where to send docs seems to be one of RC's biggest problems...in 3 cruises for which we got paper docs, they did the exact opposite of what they were told by me, the TA and both of us AGAIN....

as for accessing your ressies on line, once they are linked (as they should be so your stateroom attendant and the ship know what is going on) you can't get into them....i don't know for sure, but i did read on the board that you can do your setsail pass still, you just have to go in pretending you don't have a 'my cruises' account, again, i haven't done that yet, but somewhere here on CC, that was mentioned....

have fun though! as for RC changing the books...i eould geuss that it is CHEAPER to produce, lighter in weight and CHEAPER to mail....OH well...

where to send docs seems to be one of RC's biggest problems...in 3 cruises for which we got paper docs, they did the exact opposite of what they were told by me, the TA and both of us AGAIN....

as for accessing your ressies on line, once they are linked (as they should be so your stateroom attendant and the ship know what is going on) you can't get into them....i don't know for sure, but i did read on the board that you can do your setsail pass still, you just have to go in pretending you don't have a 'my cruises' account, again, i haven't done that yet, but somewhere here on CC, that was mentioned....

have fun though! as for RC changing the books...i eould geuss that it is CHEAPER to produce, lighter in weight and CHEAPER to mail....OH well...

Funny thing, I'm printing out my first of the three Set Sail Passes as I type this. It's finally letting me to do that. I have tried several times before (and yes, it was after final payment had been made). Wacky! LOL

Funny thing, I'm printing out my first of the three Set Sail Passes as I type this. It's finally letting me to do that. I have tried several times before (and yes, it was after final payment had been made). Wacky! LOL

Gremlins.......

alien-smiley-130.gif

Gremlins.......

alien-smiley-130.gif

Good thought but probably just the mail getting separated ........ MAIL system has it's own Gremlins.

As long as you can print all three Set Sail Passes you should be OK. That is the best indication that your payments have all been posted properly. We have never needed the second SSP for a B2B or a B2B2B. The only problem that seems to be unfixable is the reopening of the account for each cruise. Each time we do a B2B it seems we have to get help with booking excursions by emailing the request. When I call C&A they are always able to confirm the excursions, OBC for booking onboard, and OBC for shareholder benefit. As long as they let us board the documents become just another keep sake.

Have you checked out the discussions on Back-to-back on same ship

Enjoy :)

We have received our Docs from our TA for some cruises and then directly from RCCL for other cruises. We tell our TA where we want them delivered along with the method (mail or e-docs). We have booked directly through our TA and have also transferred some bookings that we did while on-board. Our TA normally sends us an email about 30 to 45 days out and confirms the method and where they are being sent.

All cruiselines are going to edocs no more booklets.

If you book with Royal Caribbean then transfer your booking to a TA the TA has to go and change the address with the cruiseline. If they do not then Royal Caribbean will mai or email you the edocs. Apparently your TA did not do that.

Archived