Is this pushing it?

bubbles1209

We are looking at flights for our June cruise, and DH's DD and her family are going from Miami to Peoria for the return, the latest flight out of Miami that day is 11:09 am Will we be pushing it? Our experience is we are normally at the airport by 12, however, we always stayed onboard until the last possible moment, and were still off of the ship by 10:30-11. Thoughts, input appreciated. Thanks:)

We are looking at flights for our June cruise, and DH's DD and her family are going from Miami to Peoria for the return, the latest flight out of Miami that day is 11:09 am Will we be pushing it? Our experience is we are normally at the airport by 12, however, we always stayed onboard until the last possible moment, and were still off of the ship by 10:30-11. Thoughts, input appreciated. Thanks:)

:confused: I think you would really be pushing it because, you have to be at the airport an hour before your flight leaves....don't you.:eek:

People self-assisting their own luggage on our last cruise could get off between 7:30 am and 8:00 am. So to make an 11:00 am flight home from the ship I would either do that or tell the purser's desk the time of the flight to get one of the lower luggage numbers. I don't think the airport is very far away.

I would not do it. You will be majorly pushed. If you have a long line to get off the ship you are doomed. It takes time to find your buggage, a taxi, to get to the airport, get boarding passes, check luggage and go thru security.

Miami is horrible to fly out of. We had a huge push last November and barely made it. We had 3 hours to get to the airport and still only got to the gate when they were calling our number to board. I would never go thru that again.

Good Luck!!

:confused: I think you would really be pushing it because, you have to be at the airport an hour before your flight leaves....don't you.:eek:

At least. My tickets for March say I have to check in 90 minutes before my flight.

One could always stay an extra day I suppose.

It would be tough:eek: , but you need to do some homework.

What day of the week?

What other ships are also there?

What is you transportation?Waiting limo?

What events are going on in Miami?

Are they Platinum members?

Miami airport is not a quick trip thanks to traffic,construction,and events.

I took a guess based on your countdown clock. Assuming you are flying home on June 28th, Northwest has a 1:10pm and a 1:20pm flight from FLL that would be a better choice. United and American both have departures from MIA after 12. American has a 12:35pm arrival on the 21st into MIA so that might be your best combination, although I know you were trying for the Delta arrival at 11:44am.

You might contact Delta and Northwest (as they are partners) and see if one of them can book you on a combination flight flying Delta down and Northwest back.

You might also look at having her come into FLL as there is a 12:23 departure from there back to Peoria on Delta.

People self-assisting their own luggage on our last cruise could get off between 7:30 am and 8:00 am

Yes this was the intention on our cruise last week and something happened with those people in customs and it backed us up by two hours. If you self-assist then you might make it but that's cutting it close!

Miami, the airport from HELL!

I have seen people in line at security in Miami for hours and miss their flight because of the back up. It's the one airport were you need to allow yourself a lot of time to get through security.

It would be tough:eek: , but you need to do some homework.

What day of the week?

What other ships are also there?

What is you transportation?Waiting limo?

What events are going on in Miami?

Are they Platinum members?

Miami airport is not a quick trip thanks to traffic,construction,and events.

I AGREE with C.C.123456. MIA seems to be the "never ending job site." I guess it's a good thing for employment...not so good for passengers. I believe a 11AM Flight will work - if you hussle.

Do they have to fly a certain airline due to FF miles? I see flights from MIA to Peoria at 1pm 2pm etc but if they have to fly on a certain airline that could pose a problem.

Bill

No, they don't have to fly on a certain airline. I think we're gonna book them a 1 way from Peoria to Miami, then another one way from Miami back to Peoria on a different airline. AA has a flight that doesn't leave until a little after 1. The only reason we had looked at the 11:09 flight was that we could all fly & stay together until time to leave Atlanta. DH hasn't seen his daughter in over 10 years. I looked up the airfare for the next day, but by the time you figure in the hotel costs for everyone, it's cheaper to do 2 one-way tickets for them, and all of us just laze around the ship until the last possible minute to get off. I appreciate everyone's help :)

I think Iwould probably wait until the next day if thats the last flight out...while it may be unfortunate not to get back we wouldnt want to spend the morning worrying about whether or not we will make our flight...If it was me...I would book a flight the next day and have a leisurly day in Miami

I would think DD and her family would welcome some alone time at that point. I wouldn't try to stretch out a few more hours after the main event is over. That last day everyone is just anxious to get home. An 11am flight would bring out stress in the best of anyone and you wouldn't want a beautiful week to end that way.

Have a leisurely breakfast on the Lido deck and say your goodbye's there, then everyone go their happy way.

I would think DD and her family would welcome some alone time at that point. I wouldn't try to stretch out a few more hours after the main event is over. That last day everyone is just anxious to get home. An 11am flight would bring out stress in the best of anyone and you wouldn't want a beautiful week to end that way.

Have a leisurely breakfast on the Lido deck and say your goodbye's there, then everyone go their happy way.

Yep, we've decided that's what we're gonna do, book a 1 way to the cruise, and a 1 way back for them. It's much cheaper than booking flights out the next day and paying for a hotel room for everyone just to spend the extra day. It also gives us the leisure of lazing around the ship to the last possible moment and not being rushed.

I think Iwould probably wait until the next day if thats the last flight out...while it may be unfortunate not to get back we wouldnt want to spend the morning worrying about whether or not we will make our flight...If it was me...I would book a flight the next day and have a leisurly day in Miami

We looked at booking for the next day, but not only is it $50-$60.00 more per person round trip, you also have to figure in the hotel cost for one night for 6 people. We've decided to book them a 1 way flight in on one airline, and a one-way flight out on a different airline that won't leave until 1:00 the day we de-bark, that way there's no rush to get off of the ship, and we can hang out together until we absolutely have to get off.

Archived