Airlines that Celebrity chooses

captain_oats

Probably the one they can get the best deals with, We have booked flights through X for our December cruise and they have booked us on Delta albeit from the UK via ATL to SJU. When we did the same with RCCL they used Continental via Newark to Miami.

When I book my flights through X I look at what they offer me and ask them to change it if I find a route or Airline I prefer.

eg Houston out of Manchester change Atlanta with Delta. I checked on the internet and found that there was a direct flight with BA to Houston from Gatwick London. I then did the shuttle to London which was preferable for me.

This year they wanted me to go to Barcelona via Amsterdam with KLM or via Dusselldorf with Lufthansa. Again I found a flight which was better for me and via my TA asked for the flight change.

If at the outset I know what I want then I ask to be booked on that flight. I have never had any problem in getting the flight I prefer.

Sue

I have never had any problem in getting the flight I prefer.

Sue

I wish we could say the same, We've had real arguments with X over our upcoming flights, we have 1hr 40mins to transfer in Atlanta at Christmas which we consider too tight. Every alternative we or our TA came up with X said they were'nt allowed to use that flight or that airline, they wont budge at all.

Got everything crossed we make it

Hi,

There is no way you can clear Atlanta immigration and connect with your flight in 1Hr 40Mins.

Don't forget you will need to collect your luggage and check it in for the connecting flight after you have cleared customs.

It takes on average 2 Hoursto clear immigration at most entry airports and remember you are now asked to check in 3 hours prior to boarding.

Go a day earler and get X to stump up the cost of hotel.

Hi,

There is no way you can clear Atlanta immigration and connect with your flight in 1Hr 40Mins.

Don't forget you will need to collect your luggage and check it in for the connecting flight after you have cleared customs.

It takes on average 2 Hoursto clear immigration at most entry airports and remember you are now asked to check in 3 hours prior to boarding.

Go a day earler and get X to stump up the cost of hotel.

This is exactly what we've been arguing with X except the 3 hour check in, we get our boarding passes at Manchester for both flights, but we have to clear immigration in ATL, customs, baggage transfer, train from terminal E to A, pass security and make the gate 15 mins before departure, even if we make it not sure our bags will and this is the last flight of the day on any airline to SJU. Also Spoke to Delta direct they say they allow 1.5 hours for transfers and its do able, X will definitely not move or change our flights, we've written to X with our concerns and told them if this goes belly up due to their intransigence we will be taking this further.

Nothing like a good old stressful time is there

I would not do it, I would make my own flight arrangements or fly in a day earlier and stay overnight in Atlanta.

An airport hotel with shuttle should cost no more than $80 better that than all the stress- and then get an earlier flight to SJU.

If for any reason there are delays in the UK caused by bad weather then you are stuck, and bad weather will not be the responsibilty of X.

This is exactly what we've been arguing with X except the 3 hour check in, we get our boarding passes at Manchester for both flights, but we have to clear immigration in ATL, customs, baggage transfer, train from terminal E to A, pass security and make the gate 15 mins before departure, even if we make it not sure our bags will and this is the last flight of the day on any airline to SJU. Also Spoke to Delta direct they say they allow 1.5 hours for transfers and its do able, X will definitely not move or change our flights, we've written to X with our concerns and told them if this goes belly up due to their intransigence we will be taking this further.

Nothing like a good old stressful time is there

Have you considered doing "Custom Air" through Celebrity? The $75 charge per person is waived if you are a member of the Captain's Club and that way you get to choose the exact flights you want. Sometimes it does cost a bit more for the actual flights, but well worth it to avoid the situation you describe.

It was exactly for the reasons stated that I refused to go from Manchester via Atlanta to Houston. My Son had told me that Atlanta is a nightmare and that I should avoid it at all cost. I noted the flights and the Airline when they sent me the confirmation invoice. I called X Flight department and they told me to pass the information regarding the flights I wanted and they would consider it. What I then did was look at the alternatives and I wanted a flight which landed in the US at my destination therefore avoiding the need to go through immigration and recheck in.

Don't know when your flights are but I would get your TA to try again on your behalf. These days they will not speak to you about ANYTHING. I had OBC and when I called to ask if it was on my booking they refused to comment.

Good luck.

Sue

It was exactly for the reasons stated that I refused to go from Manchester via Atlanta to Houston. My Son had told me that Atlanta is a nightmare and that I should avoid it at all cost. I noted the flights and the Airline when they sent me the confirmation invoice. I called X Flight department and they told me to pass the information regarding the flights I wanted and they would consider it. What I then did was look at the alternatives and I wanted a flight which landed in the US at my destination therefore avoiding the need to go through immigration and recheck in.

Don't know when your flights are but I would get your TA to try again on your behalf. These days they will not speak to you about ANYTHING. I had OBC and when I called to ask if it was on my booking they refused to comment.

Good luck.

Sue

We will never book air through the cruiseline again. The one time we did, they had us going from NY to Florida via Boston :eek: There are probably 50 non-stops from NY to Fla every day, but they chose to fly us north to go south. Besides, I always find a cheaper flight on my own.

Archived