Windstar Cruises

Kiwifruit

Partner, I and another gay couple sailed the Windsurf two years ago on a 7 day Ft. Lauderdale/Bahamas itinerary. The crew and fellow passengers were great. We encountered approx. 10 other "family" passengers on our sailing and some very gay friendly str8 passengers. Sailing at full mast is an experience not to be missed. Enjoy guys!

Rob

Well guys we finally decided to book cruise on Windsurf departing Malta for Rome on 24 October, so if there is anybody else out there doing this cruise drop us a line. Also be interested to hear of anybody else's experience with windstar cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear that Windstar has caught on with the gay cruisers... I worked for Windstar for 6 years and ALWAYS enjoyed my time onboard. However, we rarely had gay passengers on board in the early years. I guess once HAL took over, we had more exposure, more ad dollars and a larger sales force pushing the product.

Wind Surf was added after I left, but the core on board product hasn't changed at all. The same unstructured concept fits perfectly for cruises in the Med, Caribbean and (ahh) Tahiti. (My poor little Wind Song).

Let me know if you have any specifics on itinerary since I was with the company when they first started sailing in Europe..

I sailed the Sind Song (RIP) on a gay cruise in French Polynesia a number of years ago and really liked the product. I just returned from Tahiti (sailed the Paul Guaguin) and had the SindStar tied up next to us....she looked in great condition. You should enjoy your cruise. I myself love the sailing ships...thats why I am booked on the Star Clipper out of St Maarten this Dec 5. This is a true sailing ship vice the computer sails of Wind Star. Hope I get keel hauled !

Hey Tom,

Good to hear you enjoyed the Paul Gauguin in Tahiti, must try it sometime, living downunder its good to find a cruise a bit closer to home. We sailed the Star Clipper in the caribbean a couple of years back and had a great time and absolutely loved the ship. If you get the chance try climbing up the mast as the view is great even if the legs were a bit wobbly ;-)

If you are gonna try the Paul Gauguin.....do it soon. 2005 is her last year.

As for Star Clipper.....up the mast I will go especially if certain crew members are up there. Once up there where they cant run away.........but then they could alwasy jump.

Have any of you tried Windjammer Barefoot cruises? Sounds like you might like that as well! Shorts and t-shirts! Right now they have something big going on maybe a promotion not sure! They are traveling around the country having jammer gettogethers that explain thier ships and the different things they offer! I got a postcard in the mail from them! Just thought you guys might check into them - also have heard they have cheaper rates!

JTA

Archived