Bring wine onboard question

junobeach

I do not want to start an alcohol smuggling discussion. But, a few years ago, my FIL brought on a few bottles of wine in his carry-on luggage. He asked if he could do it again for our upcoming cruise on the Navigator. So, I'm just asking if this is now a no-no on RCL. Thanks.

There is also the possibility that it will simply be confiscated and not returned.

Although unlikely they would actually do this, within their policy they reserve the right to deny boarding (and not issue a refund) to anybody caught smuggling alcohol aboard.

While in San Francisco on our recent Radiance cruise I bought a 1.5 litre bottle of our favorite Calf. wine to take home and carried it back onto the ship with no question asked about it. So it got drunk that evening at our dining mates' birthdays (both born 2 days apart) party in their grand suite that evening. It may have been that way since there was no duty free liquor store at the pier and it was our last port before a sea day and disembarking in LA.

I would think that, if the "do gooders" don't get on here and start being nasty, this thread will stay active.

If you carry a couple of bottles on board, and the ship takes them, the policy is to return them the last night.

It is strange that Celebrity states that there can be two bottles of wine per cabin brought on board. Only if the wine is consumed in a dining room is there a $25 corkage fee. Both cruise lines are part of Royal Caribbean, Inc. They should get their act together.

Bob :rolleyes:

It is strange that Celebrity states that there can be two bottles of wine per cabin brought on board. Only if the wine is consumed in a dining room is there a $25 corkage fee. Both cruise lines are part of Royal Caribbean, Inc. They should get their act together.

Bob :rolleyes:

I agree completely. Princess also allows this.icon14.gificon12.gif

I agree completely. Princess also allows this.icon14.gificon12.gif

I agree also. EVERY OTHER major cruise line allows at least one bottle--even with corkage fee is a welcome option. Would be nice to enjoy a special selection onboard with RCCL also. But, to answer OP--yes unfortunately, is now a "no-no" on RCL. :(

Archived